Votes: 4 22.2%
  • 2Leetch_94

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
If Gauthier was doing what people complained about him not doing which was finishing on those chances he'd be first liner. It was absurd the complaints his play got.
He was actually finishing last year though. Even when he was scoring goals he still wasn’t scoring goals according to the geniuses on here

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
If winning the games is the only result that matters to you, I understand and respect that.

Not everybody sees it that way because at the end of the day, these 8 regular season wins and $2.90 gets me on the bus.

People are allowed to have that perspective.
@PuckLuck3043 said;
Well, when said team is 3rd in the league in points after 8 of 11 on the road with a new coach and new system I do question the constant negativity

@Machinehead is probably saying that it's not sustainable?

At the end of the day WINS are what matters, THAT is what gets u into the PO's
The analytics DO matter as well, because it's a helpful indication as to whether or not your team deserves to win. Many variables there, tho.
Once upon a time, there were no metrics and what have you. Just the good ole' eye test. Any true Rangers fan (or otherwise) can be honest to himself and KNOW whether or not their team is playing well and deserved to win. Works both ways. Win when you don't play well, and lose when you do. It's coming out with wins when you DON"T play well, that separates the good and the even better teams. Look what happened to Boston last year. What did trampling through the league get them? Nothing, nada, zilch.

Always comes down to a hot goaltender, good defense and playing on point when it's needed most, towards the end of the season. Obviously I am the Master of the Obvious and.........I'm not saying anything that we didn't all know already.

Last edited:
Reactions: TominNC

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Considering you've been complaining about the same thing for the last 2+ seasons and not just this season that doesn't really make sense. 173 games is enough of a sample where randomness gets mitigated.
Obviously there are "higher expectations" for some. Wins aren't good enough, mostly everyone here wants "domination" and the overused "play 60 minutes", but what people tend to forget is that the opposing team gets paid and has pride as well.
Won't even mention the words "puck luck". Ooops.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
@PuckLuck3043 said;
Well, when said team is 3rd in the league in points after 8 of 11 on the road with a new coach and new system I do question the constant negativity

@Machinehead is probably saying that it's not sustainable?

At the end of the day WINS are what matters, THAT is what gets u into the PO's
The analytics DO matter as well, because it's a helpful indication as to whether or not your team deserves to win. Many variables there, tho.
Once upon a time, there were no metrics and what have you. Just the good ole' eye test. Any true Rangers fan (or otherwise) can be honest to himself and KNOW whether or not their team is playing well and deserved to win. Works both ways. Win when you don't play well, and lose when you do. It's coming out with wins when you DON"T play well, that separates the good and the even better teams. Look what happened to Boston last year. What did trampling through the league get them? Nothing, nada, zilch.

Always comes down to a hot goaltender, good defense and playing on point when it's needed most, towards the end of the season. Obviously I am the Master of the Obvious and.........I'm not saying anything that we didn't all know already.
Recently the teams that have had success are controlling play, piling on goals, generating a ton of offense. Florida beat the best team ever last year playing wide open high event hockey. They leaned a lot on Bobrovsky as the playoffs went on but there’s zero chance they come out of that Boston series without their insane 5v5 offense. They were the best offensive team in the league last year and were extremely good at generating offense from both forechecking and transition.

Colorado won the cup going 16-4 in the playoffs with sub .900 goaltending due to being the best transition offense in the league.

Last edited:

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Obviously there are "higher expectations" for some. Wins aren't good enough, mostly everyone here wants "domination" and the overused "play 60 minutes", but what people tend to forget is that the opposing team gets paid and has pride as well.
No way. The “play a full 60 minutes” people and the “why is our offensive generation the same as the Sharks” people are not the same.

Reactions: Kravtsov420

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Good stuff, in case anyone has amnesia of the Eichel situation. It worked out for Vegas, but it was definitely a gamble at the time. Shit, I made a pun unintentionally.
When in Rome......right? I mean, I mean, if the owner of their hockey team doesn't gamble, then would that be a "good look"? Like if Hugh Hefner, didnt enjoy women.
Or, living in NYC and not eating an occasional dirty water dog. (Do they still call it that?)

Reactions: will1066

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
It seems to me that the reason the Sharks' offensive generation is not due to a conservative system but because they suck.

That’s kind of the purpose of pointing it out. Sacrificing all offense in order to play above average defense isn’t good, whether it’s by design or because your team blows. Yet this is pretty consistent with every Laviolette team. This was expected

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
That’s kind of the purpose of pointing it out. Sacrificing all offense in order to play above average defense isn’t good, whether it’s by design or because your team blows. Yet this is pretty consistent with every Laviolette team. This was expected

Laviolette has had three teams in the Stanley Cup Final, two of them were low seeds and one was considered one of the weaker rosters to win the cup. Is it really any worse than Gallant's free for all for slightly more offense? Like that's worked.

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
I think the point that most are making and I probably would agree with is that they just want a 55/45 Rangers tilt and a W. That would give everyone more hope and confidence they can win playoff games when the intensity goes up.

We have won soooooo many games going against the run of play going back to the Lundqvist days

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
Is it too much to ask for my team to be fun to watch at least some of the time? Its for the most part been this way since I started watching consistently in 09. Goaltending saving their ass and dragging them to wins (which is ironic because certain people around here are world renown for their opinions on goaltenders) but at the same time talk about wins.

I watch a lot of hockey games, I watch a lot of different teams besides the Rangers. Some here suffer the product on the ice because they don't know any better. Once you watch other teams play, then watch the Rangers play, its easy to see how it should be and hard to understand why it is the way it is and has been for so long.

and if you dont understand or want to? while i guess thats fine, but you better not complain, because this is what youve signed yourself up for and accepted, mediocrity

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
I don’t care about other teams. I watch the Rangers. I don’t want 6-5 games. I love that we’ve had great goaltending for ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad