Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Also food for thought: Pitlick-Bonino-Vesey posted a 60% xGF the other night despite every other line getting taken behind the woodshed.

I think it's Goodrow, mostly. He wasn't an NHL player last year and he got even slower. They're playing 4v5.

This is Goodrow's 10th season. He's already well past how long players of his profile usually last.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I disagree.

I think Miller took the huge step forward in his 3rd season, not his second.
He did, in terms of scoring points.

Before that, Miller-Trouba was one of the most effective pairs in the league in the second half of 21-22. It's arguably the reason we got as far as we did that year.

Reactions: GoAwayPanarin

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
whoever said they don't like Trochek I completely agree. yes he's good on face offs. he's also good at getting dangled by green players in this league in OT, and not coming through in the clutch whether that's late in the game on a PP, PK, or shootouts. the guy just has no IQ at all a very dumb player who is good on faecoffs. I don't like him at all on this team even though he had a decent year last year in Gallant's system.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
whoever said they don't like Trochek I completely agree. yes he's good on face offs. he's also good at getting dangled by green players in this league in OT, and not coming through in the clutch whether that's late in the game on a PP, PK, or shootouts. the guy just has no IQ at all a very dumb player who is good on faecoffs. I don't like him at all on this team even though he had a decent year last year in Gallant's system.
60+ points,dumb player...lol

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
You know who would have looked decent on our 4th line and brought speed?Gauthier

I think Drury and Laviolette before the season got together and planned for a 4th line with some sandpaper and defensive awareness as the prime ingredients. They didn't plan for this line to be this slow, and now they have a developing problem.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
I think Drury and Laviolette before the season got together and planned for a 4th line with some sandpaper and defensive awareness as the prime ingredients. They didn't plan for this line to be this slow, and now they have a developing problem.
I'll have whatever drugs they are smoking if they didn't see how slow this line would look on paper

• Haha
Reactions: CLW and Boris Zubov

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
I'll have whatever drugs they are smoking if they didn't see how slow this line would look on paper
It looks like Goodrow might be the culprit for a lot of the woes. Machinehead noted that with Pitlick, the line had 60 xGF.

Goodrow is categorically the same as Wheeler at this point. Luxurious senior living at MSG. Maybe they'll rent out the studio for their holiday party.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
@SnowblindNYR brings up a salient point which is that everyone's third pair sucks.

Here's another problem -- our second pair sucks.

Does it actually suck or does it spend too much time on the ice with our forward corps which definitely sucks?
Let me bring up a salient point as well in that if we had won, the thread title would have been Tamed or Domesticated.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
He deserved a shot to move up last year. Unfortunately he got hurt when he was really playing well & it set him back. I'd absolutely take him over Wheeler right now.
Oh absolutely. He was scoring at a high rate last year too. If I recall correctly he had more 5v5 goals than Zib into January despite playing like 8 minutes a game next to Goodrow/Blais and constant healthy scratches

Reactions: Boris Zubov

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Oh absolutely. He was scoring at a high rate last year too. If I recall correctly he had more 5v5 goals than Zib into January despite playing like 8 minutes a game next to Goodrow/Blais and constant healthy scratches
He would take the puck to the net with speed, which is a commodity but for the Rangers a luxury.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
And he was drawing at least a penalty a game in the process.
Yep
-Creates a breakaway for himself every game
-was actually scoring them
-draws an insane amount of penalties on a team that lives and dies by power play goals and cannot score in any other fashion
-can transition the puck from our zone into the other teams end, which the current iteration of the 4th line cannot do (with Goodrow)
-hit more than anyone else on the team other than Blais, if you’re into that kinda sh*t

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Yep
-Creates a breakaway for himself every game
-was actually scoring them
-draws an insane amount of penalties on a team that lives and dies by power play goals and cannot score in any other fashion
-can transition the puck from our zone into the other teams end, which the current iteration of the 4th line cannot do (with Goodrow)
-hit more than anyone else on the team other than Blais, if you’re into that kinda sh*t

If Gauthier was doing what people complained about him not doing which was finishing on those chances he'd be first liner. It was absurd the complaints his play got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad