MiLB and Indy Regular Season Thread

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
For those living in towns housing Minor League and Independent League teams, here's the thread for you. MiLB Class AAA to Low A starts tomorrow, Indy starts TBD. I miss the minors. The closest thing to the minors are the Arizona League, but they're closed to the public and are short season.

Discuss.

Last edited:

ADK34

Feb 1, 2016
Glens Falls, NY
Closest minor league team to me is the class A short season astros affiliate the Tri City Valleycats of the NY Penn League. Caught a couple games last year, quality is pretty good. Our hometown city has a summer league team that have college kids as players, just like the cape cod league. Over the summer i want to see a yard goats game in hartford. See some rockies prospects and might catch them in the bigs sometime. Trevor Story and Jon Gray are studs.

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
jPioneer League doesn't start until June :cry:

Missoula did well last year, winning the league, but it being a short season, and summer being when things aren't covered in snow covered up here, I actually don't catch a lot of games. However, I may try and check out games in Great Falls or Helena, especially if I have to be there for work.

It's one of the few things I miss about being near to Fresno is being so close to PCL and California League teams.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
I might miss game two of the nhl playoffs to watch minor league baseball in Pennsylvania.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country

Missoula did well last year, winning the league, but it being a short season, and summer being when things aren't covered in snow covered up here, I actually don't catch a lot of games. However, I may try and check out games in Great Falls or Helena, especially if I have to be there for work.

It's one of the few things I miss about being near to Fresno is being so close to PCL and California League teams.

Nice. That's a D-Backs affiliate. :)

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA

Nice. That's a D-Backs affiliate. :)

Yeah, if they weren't a D-Backs affiliate I would have gone to more games.

The best thing about Pioneer League baseball is the quality of beer available. I barely remember any of the games I ever went to :laugh:

Helena would probably be worth checking out since they may not have a team for much longer. There isn't a single good reason for anyone not from Great Falls to ever be in Great Falls, but baseball may help numb the pain.

Last edited:

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
I think I found the craziest location to place a stadium: the Harrisburg Senators (Double-A, Eastern League, Nationals Affiliate) has their ballpark, according to Google Maps, built on an island in a middle of a river. I hope Google Maps is not fooling me.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I think I found the craziest location to place a stadium: the Harrisburg Senators (Double-A, Eastern League, Nationals Affiliate) has their ballpark, according to Google Maps, built on an island in a middle of a river. I hope Google Maps is not fooling me.

It's not fooling you. Cyclones ballpark has an ocean view. Also Charlotte has city skyline in the outfield.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Altoona still wins.
147_Behind_Home_Plate_at_Peoples_Natural_Gas_Field.jpg

Rivers are nice (well, aside from the toxic sludge that is the Susquehanna), but nothing beats hitting a home run off a roller coaster.

Nothing Else Maattas

Oct 25, 2012
Erie, PA
Let's Go Erie Seawolves (Double-A Detroit Tigers), or at least on dollar beer night. Jerry Uht Park is nifty because it is literally squeezed into a city block.

1gY3SDQ.jpg

also in this image the House that Connor remodeled, Erie Insurance Arena

StatesideSensFan

Jun 29, 2003
Atlanta
Memphis Redbirds are back to being owned by an individual; Peter Freund. I doubt it means much for the team in the overall scheme of things.

get to goto AutoZone tomorrow night after work so i am hoping to see Tilson, Martini, and Wisdom as the best of a bad bunch of AAA Cardinals and an even worse group of Dodgers now that Urias pitched tonight's game.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Memphis Redbirds are back to being owned by an individual; Peter Freund. I doubt it means much for the team in the overall scheme of things.

get to goto AutoZone tomorrow night after work so i am hoping to see Tilson, Martini, and Wisdom as the best of a bad bunch of AAA Cardinals and an even worse group of Dodgers now that Urias pitched tonight's game.

Just that they're no longer joined at the hip to the Cards and if either team decides it's in their best interest to seek an affiliation with another team they can do so.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
meh, Cards did keep a minority share.

Scratch what I said then - still tied at the hip with the Cards.

I'm getting ready to head down to Columbia, SC for opening night at Spirit Communications Park to see pro baseball return to Columbia. It's been 12 years - I was there for the last Bombers game (SAL finals against the Hickory Crawdads) and I sure as hell wasn't going to miss the first Fireflies game. It sucks that Savannah had to lose their team to make this happen, though.

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
Yeah, if they weren't a D-Backs affiliate I would have gone to more games.

The best thing about Pioneer League baseball is the quality of beer available. I barely remember any of the games I ever went to :laugh:

Helena would probably be worth checking out since they may not have a team for much longer. There isn't a single good reason for anyone not from Great Falls to ever be in Great Falls, but baseball may help numb the pain.

People in our lab say that GF has really improved in the last 5 years or so. Pretty much every city in Montana has their own brewery now too. :)

I've been in Helena too much this year to know that I'm glad I don't live there; the valley is pretty, but wow, just nothing much going on. Gov't, Carroll College, a Buffalo Wild Wings by the Holiday Inn Express...yeah!

Eventually court will take me to all the really interesting cities though, can't wait until I have to go to Wolf Point, Wibaux, or Billings.

StatesideSensFan

Jun 29, 2003
Atlanta
I am watching Taylor Guerrieri get his pitches sent out of the park at an alarming rate. 3 in 4 IP. Bijan Rademacher has 2 and Candelario has the other.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I am watching Taylor Guerrieri get his pitches sent out of the park at an alarming rate. 3 in 4 IP. Bijan Rademacher has 2 and Candelario has the other.

Ouch. Keep him as far away from Durham as possible for now. His stats from last night were good enough for a 9.64 ERA on the night and 4.30 on his season. Guerrieri actually went to my rival high school. This is why you never trust a Viking. :laugh:

Meanwhile Aaron Blair threw a beaut for Gwinnett last night - 7.0 IP, 10 strikeouts, and only a single walk. Of course he throws that sort of game against the Bulls. I hate the Braves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad