Player Discussion: Mikhail Sergachev

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Right on, wasn't sure if you meant someone like Hajek or something. :)

Just had a brief brain burp. lol

Hajek was pretty good but Ceernak and Spencer were better.

Both Volkov and Lipanov were very fun to watch. Didn't get to see them too much as I was focusing on the dmen. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Hajek >>> Spencer in my opinon. Out of all prospects in terms of ceiling I'd say:

Sergavech
Foote
Hajek
Masin
Cernak
Thomas
Spencer

This has to be a top 3 defensive prospect pool.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Hajek >>> Spencer in my opinon. Out of all prospects in terms of ceiling I'd say:

Sergavech
Foote
Hajek
Masin
Cernak
Thomas
Spencer

As much as some of our current depth on D isn't great, it's really encouraging to see that we have a lot of really solid D prospects. Could turn into a real deep position soon.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL

Sergavech
Foote
Hajek
Masin
Cernak
Thomas
Spencer

Sergachev
Foote
Dotchin
Koekkoek
Hajek
Spencer
Masin
(Blujus)
Cernak
Thomas
Perbix
Racine
Walcott

Best D pool in NHL dare I say

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Surprised some of you have Cernak so low on your lists.

He was my top RD before we got Foote. I think his defensive game is the best of any of our defenders and he's a surprisingly good skater, just doesn't have the offense to be a top guy. Can see him being a right handed Coburn type player.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
I've been very impressed with Cernak all during camp. Definitely stands out. But I haven't watched the prospects very closely until now. Sergachev already moves better than Dotchin and possibly Koekkoek.

You may be right that Hajek has a higher ceiling than Spencer.

A very bright future for our defense!

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Spencer has been fallen ever since he was drafted 3rd overall in the OHL draft. He never lived up to that expectation of being a top player. His offensive game never took off and he makes a lot of mental errors in the defensive zone. His skill level is good as there's nothing wrong with his skating, shooting or passing he just doesn't have the quickest decision making. I think he'll do alright in the AHL and maybe get a call up in 3 years but might become a Blujus, good AHL guy but gets passed on the depth chart and then let go. We've already seen Thomas and Cernak appear to have passed him and Foote has too. Would be my top candidate to add to a trade if moving a prospect in a trade.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I prefer he goes to Windsor but wouldn't be upset if he makes the team either, just as long as he doesn't play more than 40 games. With the other defenders we have we can easily shelter him, like Dotchin, and play to his strengths to build his confidence while letting him learn the game. Have him go to the world juniors to carry Russia and get those 30 minute games in, maybe a conditioning stint in Syracuse too. Have to see how camp goes and what defenders are still around at that time.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
Sergachev definitely did not look as dominant as he did the last couple of days. I still think he's got a chance depending on how training camp goes in Sept.

It's funny you say that because I thought he was sloppy the two days I was there. Good to hear because I was surprised at how good the reports from camp were. Glad to hear he had actually looked better on some other days.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I've been very impressed with Cernak all during camp. Definitely stands out. But I haven't watched the prospects very closely until now. Sergachev already moves better than Dotchin and possibly Koekkoek.

You may be right that Hajek has a higher ceiling than Spencer.

A very bright future for our defense!

you got to see more of koekkoek he might be our best skater that is what hes best at and its impressive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad