Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
All I know is Jakob Chychrun looked like a seasoned veteran compared to the kid

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Last game was the first I've seen where he looked like he even remotely belonged on the same ice as the rest of the players, hopefully he can build off it, needs to keep it simpler in his own zone

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Pretty sure 10 games is the limit for 18/19 year old EL contract sliding, dude.

Again 39 games is the limit .

If Habs keep him for 40 games this year , Sergachev can go UFA at 25 years old.

If Habs send him down anytime between game 1 and 39 he can't go UFA until 27

The 9 games limit will only burn a year of his ELC, which is not a real big deal if you send him down game 39.

Chances are he makes it full time next season etc

Last edited:

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal

From what I've heard about Sergachev at every level, he always improves with each game he plays at the next level. I wouldn't count him out just yet. I do believe he'll probably be sent back to junior, but I think with each game he plays at the NHL he will only improve until he'll eventually be solid.

I'm just not sure 9 games is enough or that he'll even get 9 games.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
From what I've heard about Sergachev at every level, he always improves with each game he plays at the next level. I wouldn't count him out just yet. I do believe he'll probably be sent back to junior, but I think with each game he plays at the NHL he will only improve until he'll eventually be solid.

I'm just not sure 9 games is enough or that he'll even get 9 games.

Thats good to know.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto

Same amount of pressure too :naughty:

I don't know why people get so caught up on Sergachev.. Personally I don't think he looks to out of place for an 18 year old.. His breakouts are often clean, usually don't see the same mistakes twice and I think watching Chychrun all game made him realize he can make a few moves too because he seemed to get better as the game went on.

I think a few more games on the road and we'll see him really start to hit a stride and everyone will see what management sees. I do feel bad for Pateryn though

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Chychrun looked good because he plays quick. Strong skater, fast decision making etc.. basically how you want your modern day dman to play. Sergy needs to take 1 or 2 pointers from Weber in that regard.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Chychrun looked good because he plays quick. Strong skater, fast decision making etc.. basically how you want your modern day dman to play. Sergy needs to take 1 or 2 pointers from Weber in that regard.

Not sure why Chychrun fell all the way to 16. Makes no sense. He does have two full OHL seasons which makes him much more prepared than Sergachev at the moment. I would not bet against Sergachev becoming the better Dman longterm.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Not sure why Chychrun fell all the way to 16. Makes no sense. He does have two full OHL seasons which makes him much more prepared than Sergachev at the moment. I would not bet against Sergachev becoming the better Dman longterm.

Definitely has more raw talent, putting it all together is a different story tho. He has massive upside.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
For some who say that Sergachev won't learn anything if he's scratched or plays a select number of games rather than playing 30-minute games in Windsor, don't forget that even if he watches a game or two from the press box, he is still practicing with vets like Weber, Markov, Petry, Emelin and young vets like Beaulieu and Pateryn every single day. So he is still in a position to absorb a lot of NHL knowledge.

This isn't to say he should stick around because going back to Junior is a decision I'd be more than fine with. But if he stays in the NHL and doesn't play every game, it doesn't hinder his development in my mind because he is still with the team 100% of the time. Flights, bus rides, team meetings, on ice practices, off ice get-togethers. He'll have direct conversations with Therrien, Muller, Daigneault, and Bergevin from who he will directly hear exactly what they want him to work on and so on.

BIG GIFS

Apr 29, 2004
For some who say that Sergachev won't learn anything if he's scratched or plays a select number of games rather than playing 30-minute games in Windsor, don't forget that even if he watches a game or two from the press box, he is still practicing with vets like Weber, Markov, Petry, Emelin and young vets like Beaulieu and Pateryn every single day. So he is still in a position to absorb a lot of NHL knowledge.

This isn't to say he should stick around because going back to Junior is a decision I'd be more than fine with. But if he stays in the NHL and doesn't play every game, it doesn't hinder his development in my mind because he is still with the team 100% of the time. Flights, bus rides, team meetings, on ice practices, off ice get-togethers. He'll have direct conversations with Therrien, Muller, Daigneault, and Bergevin from who he will directly hear exactly what they want him to work on and so on.
Sergachev seems like the kind of player that only needs to adjust to the speed/high tempo of the NHL and I doubt he would learn to play quicker going to the OHL. He's already so much ahead of most of the OHL players, it's hard to adapt to playing quicker when most of your teammates won't be able to keep up with your speed.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Sergachev seems like the kind of player that only needs to adjust to the speed of the NHL and I doubt he would learn to play quicker going to the OHL. He's already so much ahead of most of the OHL players, it's hard to adapt to playing quicker when most of your teammates won't be able to keep up with your speed.

Personally, I think Sergachev wouldn't gain much in the OHL because he won't get punished for holding on to the puck too long in the d-zone. He won't get pushed at that level in order to force himself to improve.

He needs to play in the AHL (which he can't) or even in the NHL in order to get used to the speed at which he needs to execute plays at, playing junior hockey won't help him improve in the areas he needs to work on.

I actually want to post this point in the new thread, i think it's an important issue in regards to his development.

Last edited:

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

Love Sergy, but i wanted Chychrun bad, didnt care for juoveli much, of course thats easy to say with him in the OHL but youd think hed of had more production on a mammoth knights team, love that we got mete tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA