Speculation: Mike Richards

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's been speculated that Edmonton has interest. The question is does he have interest in coming to Edmonton on a PTO?

He should have interest in going anywhere that offers him a PTO, if he really wants to stay in the NHL.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
He should take anything that comes his way to stay relevant in hopes to land something next year when there will be more jobs with Vegas in the league.....not enough new jobs though IMO

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
flyers are really really really good at off ice administration

is that sarcasm? Cause I know people could poke fun at the way the team used to be run (brz deal), however the Richards trade has been debated by both fan bases since the day it happened, and IMO it is the best example of a win/win trade.

At the time Philly got a stud winger on a sweet contract that replaced Richards physicality, as well as a young stud prospect who was expected to replicate Richards offensively.

At the time LA got one of the best center depths in the League with Kopitar, Richards and Stoll (who was damned good then) down the middle.

Win/Win at the time IMO..
Hindsight
LA got two cups, Philly got two players who were each better than Richard only a few years post trade.
Win/Win forever.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
didnt it cost u richards and Carter tho?

Richards was traded for Schenn, Simmonds and a 3rd pick I believe.

Carter was traded for Voracek, 8th OA (Couturier), and a 2nd pick (I believe, might have been a 3rd) (Nick Cousins).

We made out well in both trades, and both players made out well afterwards, so I'd say it was a win for everyone (except maybe Columbus).

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Yeh, it worked out for LA in the end too but getting Voracek, Couturier, Simmonds, Schenn AND Cousins for Carter and a deteriorating Richards was an absolute masterstroke.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Does anyone need a 4th line C right now?

Buffalo could. Tim Murray waxed poetic on the radio about Mike Richards back when the whole contract termination thing had happened. He talked about how Richards was one of his favorite players he ever scouted. The question is, as with the case in Edmonton, would he come to a market like Buffalo on a PTO?

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
According to all reports he has been training hard this year . Not sure if it will help him but he is not that old and a PTO is no big deal , unless he is give the young guys pain med :naughty:

training hard for an upcoming fishing tournament, more likely

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad