Speculation: Mike Richards

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
LA

Lombardi cap circumvention plan comes to fruition. Internet self destructs.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
It's been speculated that Edmonton has interest. The question is does he have interest in coming to Edmonton on a PTO?

Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
He should be done in the NHL imo.

I wonder if he would make a good analyst? Could be the kind of guy that we always talk about wanting.

I am sure he could get some job coaching/scouting/management too with his track record (off ice aside).

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Honestly just to see the reactions of Philly fans, I hope Pittsburgh. Not that we have room for him at forward. It would just be worth it to see him in a pens jersey just once to make some of the Philly fans absolutely loose their minds.

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
Honestly just to see the reactions of Philly fans, I hope Pittsburgh. Not that we have room for him at forward. It would just be worth it to see him in a pens jersey just once to make some of the Philly fans absolutely loose their minds.

no chance in hell... maybe if Shero/Bylsma were still at the wheel...

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I doubt he gets an NHL contract, the guy can't skate a regular NHL shift anymore.

He is done in the NHL most likely.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Most of us wouldn't care. He was a damn good player here, and we all respect his contributions. I can't think of a negative thing to say about the guy and his time here in Philly. Glad he was able to go on to win two cups, personally. Heart and soul guy who deserved it, imo.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
He was awesome for us, we got Schenn and Simmonds for him and I hold absolutely no ill will to him at all.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal

Not going to happen, unless Fehr is traded. And to be honest I'd rather Fehr

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey

Mike can play anywhere he wants and I can give two craps. Move him to defense then for all I care:laugh:

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
richards playing for pitt would be like when leclailr played for them, waste of a roster space for a washed up player, making it easier for the flyers to [maybe] win against the pens

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Its been speculated that the Oilers have offered a PTO to Mike Richards already, and are waiting to hear back from his camp on acceptance. Its believed he's still pursuing a contract before he takes a PTO.

I think the Oilers had interest in him last year as well when he was looking for a team.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I doubt he gets an NHL contract, the guy can't skate a regular NHL shift anymore.

He is done in the NHL most likely.

According to all reports he has been training hard this year . Not sure if it will help him but he is not that old and a PTO is no big deal , unless he is give the young guys pain med :naughty:

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
According to all reports he has been training hard this year . Not sure if it will help him but he is not that old and a PTO is no big deal , unless he is give the young guys pain med :naughty:

Have heard this one before...

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Sounds like he's waiting for the World Cup to finish, hoping a team might get deasperate from an injury. Otherwise of he's not offered a contract he has PTO offers from San Jose and Edmonton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad