Mike Ribeiro (Signs a 2-year Deal $3.5 Mil Cap)

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I don't know if I'm wording this right, but Ribeiro was 5th in the league last year in Corsi attempts. 3rd highest by a forward.

Infinite Jest

Apr 26, 2013
I don't know if I'm wording this right, but Ribeiro was 5th in the league last year in Corsi attempts. 3rd highest by a forward.

He was also 11th in the league in even strength scoring. I think he was misused on the powerplay, because he's traditionally been great on the PP, but his numbers weren't too good last year.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Bourque did so good with that the lockout year, wish he would get a look in that role with this team.

Yep, and they actually used him in front of the net in the end of this season. Player doesn't always have to be that big to screen the goalie. Bourque knows how to screen the goalie and that's enough.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Bourque did so good with that the lockout year, wish he would get a look in that role with this team.

Yep, and they actually used him in front of the net in the end of this season. Player doesn't always have to be that big to screen the goalie. Bourque knows how to screen the goalie and that's enough.

and there the added bonus of not losing a top 6 forward if Weber injures him with a slapper...

in all seriousness we probably need whoever has the best tipping/redirecting ability in that role

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
and there the added bonus of not losing a top 6 forward if Weber injures him with a slapper...

in all seriousness we probably need whoever has the best tipping/redirecting ability in that role

If I were Lavi, I would say, at training camp with all of the Milwaukee guys too, "The person who is most willing and best at going to the front of the net has a spot on our power play unit", then essentially holding tryout. I don't care who it is, but I agree, we need someone to do that. I think we can fill that need internally though (Watson? Sissons? Bourque? Beck? Moses?)

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I usually don't do personalized jerseys.

I went for years with a nonpersonalized one. But then we drafted Geoffrion and I wanted to get his jersey but since Kariya left soon after I got one personalized I hesitated. So ultimately I didn't get Geoffrion's jersey and I should have. He was a kid who played at the same time as my son...in the same rink! First Middle TN kid to be drafted and by OUR organization. And then he got traded. I don't know if there's an unwritten rule that you can't get a Preds jersey for a player that no longer plays for your organization, but it's my unwritten rule. After that, my other rule changed and I get jerseys with a name if I want it.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I went for years with a nonpersonalized one. But then we drafted Geoffrion and I wanted to get his jersey but since Kariya left soon after I got one personalized I hesitated. So ultimately I didn't get Geoffrion's jersey and I should have. He was a kid who played at the same time as my son...in the same rink! First Middle TN kid to be drafted and by OUR organization. And then he got traded. I don't know if there's an unwritten rule that you can't get a Preds jersey for a player that no longer plays for your organization, but it's my unwritten rule. After that, my other rule changed and I get jerseys with a name if I want it.
I don't know why, but I don't like plain jerseys. I don't even think I have one. Back in the first half of the franchise or so I'd always wear a Ronning jersey, followed by mainly Weber for several years, then when we got Fisher I got his and wore it. I wear Jones now most of the time but throw in a Fisher or Weber every so often.

Player-less jerseys just don't appeal to me. Maybe I'm weird.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I don't know why, but I don't like plain jerseys. I don't even think I have one. Back in the first half of the franchise or so I'd always wear a Ronning jersey, followed by mainly Weber for several years, then when we got Fisher I got his and wore it. I wear Jones now most of the time but throw in a Fisher or Weber every so often.

Player-less jerseys just don't appeal to me. Maybe I'm weird.

I didn't really like them as well as a name jersey, but I found it difficult to commit to one name--either because I was afraid I'd jinx the player or because I liked more than one equally. But I'm over that. I may get a Jackman jersey this year and with a little luck I can add a Fiala to the team I'm growing in my closet.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I actually went with Orzsagh back in the day because I hadn't seen anyone with one. I liked him as well, but the look on my Mom's face when she saw the name on it ( was a Christmas present) was hilarious. Also have a third Jersey with my name on it but I can't wear it because it's about 3 sizes too big ( my poor wife tried twice and failed both times when getting my size).

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
So much for her not just hunting for a paycheck... Works both ways, either way, we'll never know the truth and now we can move on.

The thing is, and I certainly don't know what he did or did not do, Ribeiro's camp has both come out through his lawyer and have personally told David Poile that they are innocent and will vigorously fight this case in the courts.

Giving this person a bunch of money to keep quiet, in my opinion, is going against what Ribeiro vowed to do. That is an issue to me. People are entitled to form their own opinions about the resolution, and I certainly have formed mine.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
The thing is, and I certainly don't know what he did or did not do, Ribeiro's camp has both come out through his lawyer and have personally told David Poile that they are innocent and will vigorously fight this case in the courts.

Giving this person a bunch of money to keep quiet, in my opinion, is going against what Ribeiro vowed to do. That is an issue to me. People are entitled to form their own opinions about the resolution, and I certainly have formed mine.

You are right. And there will be backlash to this, the question is how Poile and the front office handle this. None of the facts will be released but rest assured Riberio did something or he would not have settled.

I expect Poile or the Ownership to come out with a statement in the next 24 hours. I can assure you of this it will make a difference in the females that attend games. Most will view this as negative. And every one that purchases a ticket will know a portion of there money is now going to this issue. Right wrong or indifferent.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
I thought he was going to fight this to prove his innocence :popcorn: :help: :shakehead

bleach.jpg

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
You are right. And there will be backlash to this, the question is how Poile and the front office handle this. None of the facts will be released but rest assured Riberio did something or he would not have settled.

I expect Poile or the Ownership to come out with a statement in the next 24 hours. I can assure you of this it will make a difference in the females that attend games. Most will view this as negative. And every one that purchases a ticket will know a portion of there money is now going to this issue. Right wrong or indifferent.

They already did, It was in the article posted above.

The Preds frachise issued the following statement:
"The organization understands Mike Ribeiro has resolved his civil case. We are pleased that Mike and his family can focus on their future and we will have no further comment."

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
They already did, It was in the article posted above.

I saw that as well but this news has not really hit the media until this evening. The pressure could come from media or the citizens at large. The hockey fanbase here is miniscule compaired to the general population. It is according to what happens in the next 24 hours maybe 48. Could be as little as nothing or enough noise to force Poile to enforce the morals clause of the contract. While it is over in the courts it is not in the court of public opinion.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I saw that as well but this news has not really hit the media until this evening. The pressure could come from media or the citizens at large. The hockey fanbase here is miniscule compaired to the general population. It is according to what happens in the next 24 hours maybe 48. Could be as little as nothing or enough noise to force Poile to enforce the morals clause of the contract. While it is over in the courts it is not in the court of public opinion.

I would expect that nothing happens from that aspect. I would almost bet that Ribeiro informed Poile prior to signing the contract that he would attempt to settle this matter prior to the season to keep it from being a distraction to the season. And that is how I see this, he wanted to keep it from being a distraction to the season's performance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad