Injury Report: Mike Kostka - Broken finger (Mod warning post #146)

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date

Penalty Kill Icing*

On ice for all 4 goals against.

Does he still deserve any more playoff game over Gardiner or O'Byrne?

MOD EDIT

Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 31m

Kostka suffered a broken bone in one of his fingers and is out. One or both of Jake Gardiner and Ryan O'Byrne will step in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
Only reason he's in over Gardiner is.....? He can grow a beard?

Idk boys but I'm getting drunk tonight

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
He ****ing sucks. Brett Lebda in disguise.

It's going to be a sweep for the Bruins if he's playing.

The guy is the dumbest player on the Leafs by a mile.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
O'bryne brings an element of physicality, Gards brings speed and break out ability. Costco brings???? A -3 rating

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
He seems to always be on the ice, I have no idea what Carlyle likes so much about him, he's been a liability all night. Just brutal play so far. I try to stay positive, but yikes...

Morlu

Nov 4, 2011
I said it 3 days ago. If Kostka plays we deserve to lose and bam.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
He seems to always be on the ice, I have no idea what Carlyle likes so much about him, he's been a liability all night. Just brutal play so far. I try to stay positive, but yikes...

I don't know what Carlysle's obsession with him all year. He's a fringe AHL player. It's mind-boggling, for all the good things Carlysle has done, he swaps the lines that have been clicking all year and subs in Kostka, who has been horrendous all year.

Really makes you think if Kostka has compromising images of Carlysle.

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009

He's been a liability in nearly every game

ungentrified

Jan 18, 2013
immobile plug getting a way too long tryout...how carlyle continues to reward him with playing time is beyond me.

Ed Belfour

Nov 9, 2011
Toronto
The Bruins are just better than us, but Kostka is without a doubt the worst player in the NHL. The fact that he is even in the lineup is inexcusable on Carlyle's part, and he is also somehow playing 20+ minutes a night. It's just flat out stupid.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Jeez, no one is suggesting that Kostka is the solution. He is clearly superior to Gardiner defensively, and we have a puck mover in Franson and Liles. No need to add another defenceman that is horrible on their own end.

I suggest visiting other boards and compare our current D core (including Gardiner) to theirs. Our D needs to be totally reworked.

Fabs

Dec 19, 2005
Gardiner can't do any worse and he might even create some offense.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
The Bruins are just better than us, but Kostka is without a doubt the worst player in the NHL. The fact that he is even in the lineup is inexcusable on Carlyle's part, and he is also somehow playing 20+ minutes a night. It's just flat out stupid.

I've come to the conclusion that he plays so much because he gets caught out there for 2+ minutes per shift. He's too useless to get off the ice.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
This useless ****ing piece of **** continues to play over one of the best rookie defenseman in the NHL last season. Makes so much ****ing sense.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Lets hope he is reincarnation of Lebda and we win 9-3 since he is -3.

HeroNtF

Jul 9, 2012
Call up komisarek, secret weapon. Also apon going onto my ansestry dot com, I discovered kostka is related to lebda.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad