Mike Green Got Hit and Never Returned

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
I never for a second believed Custance had legitimate info on the injury. Why would they tell him? A stinger, lol.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Green skated today. But he's still out.
Heck of a stinger.

Orrrrrr

Tampa has a pretty good package put together and theyre close in finalizing the deal so theyre using that stinger as an excuse to not play tonight? I read on twitter (Khan I think) that him not playing tonightwont impact his trade value because he was skating fine today at the pregame skate

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Hopefully it's nothing too major. After seeing what guys like Kempny and Holden returned the past couple of days, it would be nuts if Green doesn't return a good package of some sort at this point.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Green skated today. But he's still out.
Heck of a stinger.

I'm not going to speculate on the specifics of Green but ill add that It's not unheard of for a deep tissue bruise to affect an individual for weeks. I'm not worried about it at this point in time.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Orrrrrr

Tampa has a pretty good package put together and theyre close in finalizing the deal so theyre using that stinger as an excuse to not play tonight? I read on twitter (Khan I think) that him not playing tonightwont impact his trade value because he was skating fine today at the pregame skate

Only thing I worry about is a shoulder injury. he's had a few of those. And it looked like that hit might have impacted a shoulder.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Only thing I worry about is a shoulder injury. he's had a few of those. And it looked like that hit might have impacted a shoulder.

Yeah I agree, Ive just read on twitter he looks fine and everything and that its notthing to worry about. Hes likely fine and I bet a team like Tampa is saying let him rest it because theyre close to a deal. He did definitely hurt that shoulder though, you could tell when he was skating off

Reactions: Redder Winger

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
According to Trevor Thompson of FSD, Green would be playing if he could. Blashill told Thompson that scouts are there to see Green and, in particular, they want to see how he's playing and if he's hurt.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Can he still be traded if he can't pass a physical? I think we can because I thought we traded for Bertuzzi when he was on IR?

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Can he still be traded if he can't pass a physical? I think we can because I thought we traded for Bertuzzi when he was on IR?
Why would he need to pass a physical? He has a sore neck it's not like he's on IR or any thing. The answer is yes he can still be deal as long as the acquiring GM know's of his situation and is comfortable with it.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
So is he in for today against the Rags? They said they want him to play before Monday?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Because the trades aren't only about the playoffs, they're about the end of the regular season too.

The three teams most commonly linked to Green are all pretty much playoff locks. Tampa, Vegas and Washington are big time contenders that are making moves for April not March in my opinion.

I am very concerned about what the injury might do to his value though.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
It is clearly the Wings being smart and protecting their asset from getting hurt before a trade happens. I also wonder, if when a potential deal is close, if the acquiring team, ever asks the other team to sit that player until traded so they don't get hurt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad