Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Icy Mountain

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Eazy E

Votes: 7 14.0%

• Total voters

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Yanni is a main reason I'm also a big Kraken fan. Seattle fans absolutely love him, just like we did.
It's hard not to love a player that lays it all out there on every shift like Yanni did.
I miss posting pictures of Yanni after every goal. One for old times sake.

1696574262170.png

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Eyssimont seems like he should produce but he doesn't really produce. Kinda like ABB.

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
Not sure why is goal is not getting more love. Perfect deflection while hurling to the ice due to a cross check in the back. This guy is my new Yanni Gourde. He hustles all over the ice. He hits. He can skate. He shoots. He has good hands. He is also a big time agitator while not being dirty.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yanni left on a high note and now we love him forever. It might have been 18 months before that that half this board wanted him gone.

Reactions: bov

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Yanni left on a high note and now we love him forever. It might have been 18 months before that that half this board wanted him gone.

You can like a player and still think it was the right move to get rid of them, it's moreso his caphit relative to performance more than anything, same thing with TJ?

Gourde had a massively underperforming season in 2020 right after the Columbus sweep while carrying a large caphit. He definitely bounced back but this team wasn't going to ice multiple 5M 3rd liners for very long.

Reactions: Rschmitz

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

He's on a long list of fan favorites who we just couldn't afford. I don't think I would call it wanting him gone, but I absolutely would have let him walk or traded him if it meant keeping Miller.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Good player, not sure how long he can last playing like this. Takes a lot of big hits, likes to throw the body himself and mix it up but can't really fight. He is more skilled than I thought, great start for him so far. Definitely not some 4th line plug.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

More from Stammer:

“He brings that energy. He’s a guy that has bounced around a little bit. He’s really comfortable here. He fits in with the group that we have and you see the effort, and it’s contagious. He’s a heck of a player that’s carving out a really nice role on our team and like I said we’re glad he’s on our team.”

EE also asked Stammer about the Gourde comparison

“Yeah, just that engine that never stops really. It’s impressive. I know how hard he works, in the summer as well to prepare himself for the season. I’m glad he’s getting the recognition he deserves.”

Tampa22

Eternally grateful TBL enforcers!
Oct 11, 2010
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Things aren't always easy, some decisions take longer than expected. I blame JBB for the contracts of Cirelli, Sergachev and Cernak but the deals bringing here Hagel and Eyssimont are two major works of art!

Reactions: NatoGhost

aylib

Mods are lame
Mar 26, 2002
St. Pete, FL
He logged just short of 15 min of ice time vs Bs, wonder if that's the most he's played in one game in the NHL, excluding exhibition games.

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
What does this guy do to make teams absolutely hate him? Teams are always looking to run at this guy after the whistle and I don't see a level of dirty play from him to justify it. Is he a world class chirper? Or is it the Rudy factor. He's an undersized guy who is just relentless?

Reactions: Outl4w

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
What does this guy do to make teams absolutely hate him? Teams are always looking to run at this guy after the whistle and I don't see a level of dirty play from him to justify it. Is he a world class chirper? Or is it the Rudy factor. He's an undersized guy who is just relentless?
He's lowkey greasy. He always plays hard, probably chirps well. Plays harder and more physical than 98% of the league during the regular season, which has become softer and softer as time goes on. Wouldn't be surprised if he played football and/or lacrosse growing up.

Reactions: Tampa22

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad