Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Eazy E

Votes: 7 14.0%

• Total voters

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I'm just gonna leave this here because it 95% won't happen, but just in the odd event he blossoms and we somehow lock him up...

"How does tampa keep doing this? They traded Namestnikov for a 25 goal scorer."

Revisit in a year.

Reactions: Son of Petter

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He actually brings some speed to the 4th line, which is desperately needed since that school bus has 4 flat tires
He's like a poor man's version of all the good things. And he showed a couple of offensive flashes last night that make you wonder if there might still be some untapped potential there, although that remains a long shot (obviously).

Still though, I don't get why he's had such a hard time sticking in the NHL. I'm hopeful he can win a role next to Cirelli.

More 2004

Stamkos Apologist
May 3, 2004
Tampa
Still though, I don't get why he's had such a hard time sticking in the NHL. I'm hopeful he can win a role next to Cirelli.
Late bloomers gonna late bloom. This could be asked about many players really. System, personnel, mental /physical maturation, it's hard to say, but when it all comes together for a guy like Gourde, you love to see it. Some times that's just how it goes.

I hope Mikey is on the same career path.. tune in and find out.

Reactions: EXTRAS

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Late bloomers gonna late bloom. This could be asked about many players really. System, personnel, mental /physical maturation, it's hard to say, but when it all comes together for a guy like Gourde, you love to see it. Some times that's just how it goes.

I hope Mikey is on the same career path.. tune in and find out.
Agreed, although with Gourde we had to develop him for a couple of years. This is more like, Eyssimont shows up, and it feels like there's no way his team realized what they had. I assume there will be another shoe to drop, and we will see some warts. But for right now... man, I wish we had this guy back when we had some confidence in our game.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Have we settled on a nick name yet? Because I’m not going to type out his name every time. How about Ace?

More 2004

Stamkos Apologist
May 3, 2004
Tampa
Agreed, although with Gourde we had to develop him for a couple of years. This is more like, Eyssimont shows up, and it feels like there's no way his team realized what they had. I assume there will be another shoe to drop, and we will see some warts. But for right now... man, I wish we had this guy back when we had some confidence in our game.
The Sharks cited a big factor being the group 6 UFA to group 2 RFA thing. In a nutshell. he will be playing enough games with us (including playoffs) to be eligible to be an RFA, in SJ he would have been a UFA due to the lack of playoffs.

In the end Grier turned a January waiver wire pick up into a 4th rounder for his team, so nice work on his part.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
People are excited but not get ahead of ourselves, we've had plenty of times where guys come in with fresh blood, can never convert and then flame out.

Unlike Gourde, or JAM or even Verhaege there is no scoring history with Eyissimont, those guys were elite junior and minor league players who were weirdly overlooked. Eyissimont looks like a guy who's skating has carried him far but has pretty average numbers his entire career, underwhelming really. I think he's a great fit here and what we need but I'm not expecting impressive numbers out of nowhere.

I think San Jose liked what they saw and obviously the fans did but they're going nowhere and hes a 4th line pending UFA they flipped for a 4th round pick...that's good asset management.

Reactions: NatoGhost and Hoek

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
People are excited but not get ahead of ourselves, we've had plenty of times where guys come in with fresh blood, can never convert and then flame out.

Unlike Gourde, or JAM or even Verhaege there is no scoring history with Eyissimont, those guys were elite junior and minor league players who were weirdly overlooked. Eyissimont looks like a guy who's skating has carried him far but has pretty average numbers his entire career, underwhelming really. I think he's a great fit here and what we need but I'm not expecting impressive numbers out of nowhere.

I think San Jose liked what they saw and obviously the fans did but they're going nowhere and hes a 4th line pending UFA they flipped for a 4th round pick...that's good asset management.
I'm more wondering why he's had so much trouble sticking in the line up. Was he injured this year? Just 20 games.

Yeah, I'm not expecting 40 or 50 points or anything, but I do wonder if he's a guy who can chip in now and again. I mean, I guess 8 points in 20 games with the Sharks is a lot better than I was thinking he had. Also, his last season in the AHL was starting to show some offense. Not in line with a big scorer or anything, but enough to show the cupboard isn't completely dry.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I'm more wondering why he's had so much trouble sticking in the line up. Was he injured this year? Just 20 games.

Yeah, I'm not expecting 40 or 50 points or anything, but I do wonder if he's a guy who can chip in now and again. I mean, I guess 8 points in 20 games with the Sharks is a lot better than I was thinking he had. Also, his last season in the AHL was starting to show some offense. Not in line with a big scorer or anything, but enough to show the cupboard isn't completely dry.

He started the season in the minors, got called up by the Jets because of injuries, impressed them so much he got time in the top 6 and then they tried to sneak him through waivers with all their guys coming back and he got claimed. Contract politics kind of forced him out of Winnipeg but he's talked about in a positive light by Jets fans.

Reactions: Peacefool and DFC

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
I'm just gonna leave this here because it 95% won't happen, but just in the odd event he blossoms and we somehow lock him up...

"How does tampa keep doing this? They traded Namestnikov for a 25 goal scorer."

Revisit in a year.
Even if he's a 0 goal scorer, he looks he will at least be more effective as a checking line forward than Names 2.0 was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad