Confirmed with Link: Mike Condon (PIT) to the Senators for 5th round pick

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
If hypothetically Condon plays good for all the games he starts, what do we end up doing with him? He is a ufa after this season.

Just let him walk? Trade him at the deadline? Trade Hammond instead?

How good are we talking? Again, this is highly hypothetical and I don't expect it, but if he were to play half the season looking like a bona fide starting goalie, we'd be silly to simply let him walk. I'd definitely try to trade him at the deadline in that case. If the market price is too low, trade Hammond for whatever you can and give him a 2/3 year deal, run an Anderson-Condon tandem for a year or two.

Super hypothetical, though. Anderson and Hammond situations are both huge wildcards at the moment.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
There is always 2-3 teams looking for a backup for a cup run. We can recoup our 5th, or at least close to with Condon/Hammond come February/March.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Looked solid in his first start with the team if the extended highlights are any indication.

Congrats on the shutout.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Looked good last night, but especially great in the 3rd. He earned us those two points.

That 5th round pick has directly bought us 2 points so far, and counting.

God Flower

Somebody hold me
Dec 19, 2008
Ottawa
Looked good last night, but especially great in the 3rd. He earned us those two points.

That 5th round pick has directly bought us 2 points so far, and counting.

The 2 points were great, but more importantly it gave Anderson the opportunity the spend some guilt free time with his family.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009

I disagree. If hypothetically condon plays the most out of all our goalies and we make the playoffs, it would be hard not to extend him as an Anderson replacement. Depends on the $$$ but I could see us try to get rid of Hammond or send him down if condon plays 40 games and has good numbers and Hammond is awful. Even if just to upgrade the backup position.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
So after Condon's shoutoot.. Should we try to trade him for a 4th?

That would be good asset management! :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad