Who was better??

• Miikka Kiprusoff

Votes: 168 72.7%
  • Tuukka Rask

Votes: 63 27.3%

• Total voters

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Kipper was arguably the best goaltender in the league for a decent stretch and legitimately almost won his team a Cup. Rask was consistently Top-5/10 for a long time.

I know where my vote falls on this particular case. But i do see the other side of it.

Reactions: Iggys Dome

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Kipper is the correct answer here.

One of the best goalies ever, not just of these two.
- when he was at his prime, the best goalie in the world of his era

Singlehandedly (almost) won Finland the World Cup and Calgary the Stanley Cup,
its the little things that favors the winner, luck is one of them.

Reactions: Givememoneyback

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
The Flames' run to the cup final was one of the formative memories of my NHL fandom, so he wins.

Reactions: Foppberg

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
What's sad is that Kipper would probably lose this poll vs Carey Price

They’re closer than some would admit, but it definitely wouldn’t be sad. Kiprusoff, like Price, had a great peak and some other very good years, and both had their share where their numbers didn’t match their reputations, but they still looked good visually.

CascadiaPuck

Proud Canucks investor.
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver
Canucks fan saying Kipper. Dude was a horse and I felt underrated in general. As others noted, many 70+ game seasons. It’s just nuts. Saw so much of him. He was great. (No disrespect to Rask intended.)

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
They’re closer than some would admit, but it definitely wouldn’t be sad. Kiprusoff, like Price, had a great peak and some other very good years, and both had their share where their numbers didn’t match their reputations, but they still looked good visually.

They're close, they were both elite goalies but as much as the Habs were flawed over the years, Kipper was bailing out Calgary every game. I think he was a notch above Price in terms of ability

Price : Vezina 1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10 - Hart 1, 7, 14, 17
Kipper : Vezina 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 8 - Hart 3, 4, 20

What's sad would be all these "lol Price AINEC". Heck, don't need to look any further, somebody laughed at my initial post in this thread. Price has a LOT of fanboys.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad