Mid-Season 2017-18 Top 10 Prospects - Detroit Red Wings #1 Prospect

Who is the Detroit Red Wings #1 Prospect?

• Joe Hicketts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Axel Holmstrom

• Kasper Kotkansalo

• Gustav Lindstrom

• Keith Petruzzelli

• Vili Saarijarvi

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Hronek is one year older than Cholowski, more matured and all, but I just have a gut feeling Cholowski has higher career potential. Voted for Cholowski.

Hronek's adjusted stats from OHL were better than Cholowski currently has in WHL. But Cholo is heating up. Interesting comparison between the guys. Could be a great future D-pair together.

drwings40

Dec 27, 2015
I went with Hronek mainly because of his 1st pro year performances but the race is getting tight in my opinion. Cholo and Ras are up there as well.

Add Pearson. I like him a lot, he seems like a sleeper to me.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I've warmed up to Cholowski considerably since his meh +1 season, but I still like Hronek's skill set the best of any prospect in our system.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
I have Hronek by a little bit. He is the most polished and seems to have some Amazing NHL skill sets. He's going to beast in the NHL.

Last edited:

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Went with Rasmussen in a close one. I like a lot of what I have seen and heard about him.

Hard for me to buy in 100% to Hronek. Just so many other defensive prospects over the last... 20 years... that were hyped and then never amounted to anything. He has me excited, but the history has me pulling back a bit

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I have seen it asked a few times and I did try to put that in the OP.

But for those asking the list was generated with how we voted the top 11 (Bertuzzi is graduated in my opinion) from the summer. I agree that there are guys that are above the first group of ten. That is why we are doing the adds and I expect a couple of guys will stay on this list through the end of voting.

I forgot to post it earlier but my add would be Pearson.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I'll agree with adding Pearson. Kinda funny that with all the attention Holway is getting here that Pearson is still flying under the radar a bit.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
I'll agree with adding Pearson. Kinda funny that with all the attention Holway is getting here that Pearson is still flying under the radar a bit.

pearson was a guy I considered, too. In the end I chose Holway because of those early scouting reports and the production from the blueline.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
pearson was a guy I considered, too. In the end I chose Holway because of those early scouting reports and the production from the blueline.

I like both the guys at Maine. They are developing well.

I think both guys are really probably just cheap depth guys but they have NHL qualities to them and are improving whenever I get to see them.

I think the Wings should probably turn Pearson pro at the end of this year. Holway has earned some consideration for this as well.

I am not certain and really should do the legwork myself, but both guys could leave us after their junior seasons ala Justin Schultz correct?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad