Mid-Season 2017-18 Top 10 Prospects - Detroit Red Wings #1 Prospect

Who is the Detroit Red Wings #1 Prospect?

• Joe Hicketts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Axel Holmstrom

• Kasper Kotkansalo

• Gustav Lindstrom

• Keith Petruzzelli

• Vili Saarijarvi

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Time for the mid-season polling. We are going to call Bertuzzi a graduate at this point, I know that isn't technically how this site always looks at prospects but I don't think he is going back down at this point.

The First ten will be from last summers vote.

Vote for your choice and offer an add. We will probably just do a Top 10 in the mid-season is all, but I guess some of our adds could work their way past Top 10 players in the summer.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I almost went Cholowski but I went Rasmussen, as I did in the preseason. Rasmussen had really solid production playing hurt, I'm really excited to see him play through the end of the season now since Tri-City has Jake Bean on the back end too.

Cholowski is/was #2 for me, he's done nothing but good things though, excited for him on Portland with Jokiharju and some pretty darn good forwards.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
What are the criteria for judging prospects? Are you looking at how close a player is to making the NHL, or rather his projected ceiling in the league?

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Wow. Almost want a none-of-the-above option.
Going with Hronek.'
Weird seeing names of no-name prospects like Lindstrom and Petruzelli so early, but I guess that's where we are.
I think I'd have Holway and Pearson ahead of them.
Turgeon, perhaps, too.

Edit Add Holway

Last edited:

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
What are the criteria for judging prospects? Are you looking at how close a player is to making the NHL, or rather his projected ceiling in the league?

Gotta think it's what you ultimately think he tops out as.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Wow. Almost want a none-of-the-above option.
Going with Hronek.'
Weird seeing names of no-name prospects like Lindstrom and Petruzelli so early, but I guess that's where we are.
I think I'd have Holway and Pearson ahead of them.
Turgeon, perhaps, too.
Yea this list is fugly as hell.

Went with Ras just based on hope.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Really liking the depth we’re starting to build. High-end is a little lacking with Svech’s rough season, but Cholo/Hronek/Ras is still a nice top trio. After the ’18 draft we’ll have a hell of a pool.

My vote is Hronek. I like Cholo a little better as a prospect but Hronek deserves the nod for what he’s doing in the AHL.

Holway the add.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Went with Hronek pretty easily. He's succeeding in the AHL already and I have no reason to believe his ceiling is any lower than anyone else in the system. Unfortunately Svechnikov has played himself out of the top 3 from #1. He's starting to heat up again though.

I also wish I'd seen more from Saarijarvi. He could have put himself in the top 3 if he was playing well enough, but he'll round out the top 5. After him I expect this is going to get really tough as the rest of our prospects form one big tier of "there are things to like but I'm not quite sure" for me.

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
I was having a tough time deciding between Hronek, Cholo, and Ras. Decided on Hronek simply because he is having success in the AHL opposed to juniors.

vicehf

Sep 14, 2013
Went with Cholowski. I've really liked his play this year.

Add Filip Larsson.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
Not that I would have picked Jordan Sambrook as Detroit's top prospect or even placed him in the top five, but I'm surprised not to see him on the list.

He just got moved to the Soo, who obviously, are one of the OHL 2017-18 favorites. So, he'll likely be in some big games. Meanwhile, I don't think he'll get any less ice time there. It should be good for him, and his play already interests me.

As for my pick, I'm not sure if 'top prospect' means the guy who is most ready, or if it means the guy who might someday be the most talented. I think Hronek is the most ready.

Last edited:
Reactions: gbdet

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Hronek by a nose over Cholo. Hronek's professional resume pushes him over the top, although I think Cholo is having a very, very good year and should transition well. Add Holway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad