GDT: Michigan vs North Dakota | NCAA Quarterfinals | 5:00pm CT | TSN2

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Last week on the Big Show this was brought up.

I can't remember which guest it was, but, he said the Jets don't care if they lose one year on his ELC.

If Connor wants to sign immediately the Jets will sign him according to the guest.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
In the event that an 18 year old or 19 year old Player signs an SPC with a
Club but does not play at least ten (10) NHL Games in the first season
under that SPC, the term of his SPC and his number of years in the Entry
Level System shall be extended for a period of one (1) year, except that
this automatic extension will not apply to a Player who is 19 according to
Section 9.2 by virtue of turning 20 between September 16 and December
31 in the year in which he first signs an SPC. Unless a Player and Club
expressly agree to the contrary, in the event a Player's SPC is extended an
additional year in accordance with this subsection, all terms of the SPC,
with the exception of Signing Bonuses, but including Paragraph 1 Salary,
games played bonuses and Exhibit 5 bonuses, shall be extended; provided,
however, that the Player's Paragraph 1 Salary shall be extended in all
circumstances.

Age of Players.
As used in this Article, "age," including "First SPC Signing Age," means
a Player's age on September 15 of the calendar year in which he signs an SPC, regardless of his
actual age on the date he signs such SPC.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
If Connor develops the way everyone thinks he will, there will be no bridge deal.

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
They could pull a Trouba and get him to Winnipeg and at least practice with the team. If he doesn't get into a game so be it. We play some pretty tough teams down the stretch. I don't care either way. I'd like to see what he can do against NHL teams as long as he's playing top 6.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
That's good to hear.

Holden I believe was really critical of him, but I've seen a few people now say he's been looking good this season.

What is the deal!

I think the main criticism of Poolman is that he's pretty old for his performance at various levels.

The question is whether he's actually a "late bloomer", or just too far behind in development to be a serious prospect.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Drake Caggiula is also undrafted senior, primarily because of his size. I'm sure someone will sign him and give him a chance though.

DK59

Nov 18, 2012
I think the main criticism of Poolman is that he's pretty old for his performance at various levels.

The question is whether he's actually a "late bloomer", or just too far behind in development to be a serious prospect.

I was very encouraged by what I saw from his game yesterday and it is great to see that he was recognized as an all star in the regional tournament. For me his physical tools (size, skating ability, agility) were never in question it was more about how his overall game would transition to higher levels. The fact that he has reached this level of play after only playing one full year on defense at the college level tells me that he may now be on an accelerated development path.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB

At the very least he should be some help to the moose, which some of us care about

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Drake Caggiula is also undrafted senior, primarily because of his size. I'm sure someone will sign him and give him a chance though.

This is apparently a pretty weak crop of NCAA undrafted free agents, but Caggiula and Casey Nelson have been talked about as the prize players of the 2016 class.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Good game, thought Connor and Poolman both looked good. Connor got the apple to extend his point streak. UND the much better team.

Enjoyed that game much more than any recent CHL game I've seen. Since TSN is lacking in hockey coverage now compared to the Sportsnet monopoly, they really should show more NCAA games throughout the year.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Good game, thought Connor and Poolman both looked good. Connor got the apple to extend his point streak. UND the much better team.

Enjoyed that game much more than any recent CHL game I've seen. Since TSN is lacking in hockey coverage now compared to the Sportsnet monopoly, they really should show more NCAA games throughout the year.

Depth at all positions does wonders doesn't it?

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013

They did pick up the ESPN package. I doubt they ever assign Gord Miller etc to do more. NCAA only plays on or near weekends for the most part.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg

They've had a ton on the 5 channels. Whole Beanpot tournament, most of the NCAA's.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Why don't they allow hitting in NCAA hockey?:help:
Some beauty hits out there, you were busy slamming Burmi in the other thread and missed them all
;)

Caggiula looks like a feisty player out there that can finish, I can see the Oilers going after a kid like this. He impressed me.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Some beauty hits out there, you were busy slamming Burmi in the other thread and missed them all
;)

Caggiula looks like a feisty player out there that can finish, I can see the Oilers going after a kid like this. He impressed me.

He reminds me of Perreault. He doesn't play small.

30whales

Oct 18, 2011
You guys expect Poolman to sign after this year? I really hope he doesn't and could definitely see him coming back due to his brother coming in next season. He is one of my favorite players to watch on the team, he is so damn good.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
You guys expect Poolman to sign after this year? I really hope he doesn't and could definitely see him coming back due to his brother coming in next season. He is one of my favorite players to watch on the team, he is so damn good.

My guess is 50/50. There are many reasons for him to go back. Him not being guaranteed to be an NHLer is one of those reasons. I think he may go back for one more season, but reports have said that the Jets wanted to sign him before this year. How long does a guy wait?

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014

It was reported the Jets tried to sign him last offseason, so I'm guessing there's still an offer on the table.

No idea what he'll do.

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Poolman goes back to UND for another season, wouldn't he then become a UFA next summer?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad