GDT: Michigan vs North Dakota | NCAA Quarterfinals | 5:00pm CT | TSN2

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
Been awhile since watching college hockey, I'm going to enjoy this with no real attachments (other than our prospect).

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I don't get where people can say Connor is bad in the dzone. He's broken up two plays down the middle so far and seems to be very aware of his man.

portamoral

Nov 6, 2015
I'm kinda concerned, without the puck Connor just seems to float around waiting for possession

what is he supposed to do, seriously? he's a winger. he plays a very cerebral game and knows how to capitalize when he gets a chance

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I'm kinda concerned, without the puck Connor just seems to float around waiting for possession

Pretty much all high level offensive prospects do this. Scheif did, Ehlers did, etc. He'll get it out of his system, just as they did, methinks. At this level though, they preserve energy to play longers shifts, then pounce on opportunities.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg

Don't be. McDavid was floating up high half the time while his wingers did the board work in his own zone on his Jr team. It didn't seem to hurt his defensive game at all in the NHL. Defense can be coached into players with offensive instincts, I'm not worried at all about Connor's defensive game. He'll get to play some minutes in the bottom 6 once he's here to improve that part of his game much like Ehlers and then they'll move him up when he's ready for top 6 competition.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
Those referees are better than the nhl'ers we have to put up with. Let them play and call the obvious ones.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Pretty much all high level offensive prospects do this. Scheif did, Ehlers did, etc. He'll get it out of his system, just as they did, methinks. At this level though, they preserve energy to play longers shifts, then pounce on opportunities.

That's good to know, I didn't watch much off prospects when Scheif was in JR. Of the few games I saw Ehlers play I did notice it, but he also backchecked alot

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

I thought he was doing a pretty good job covering the point. He's a winger it's not his job to get involved in the play down low

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad