Speculation: #Melnkyout...The time is NOW!

Will you boycott the Sens over the next 6-8 weeks to put added pressure on Melnyk?

• Total voters

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
The NHL doesn't publicly disclose their financial information. Either you're claiming to be an insider who is releasing private information or you're using fictitious numbers. Which is it?
It’s the Forbes numbers.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Well you called out the poster for saying, "hot water in the bathrooms" would be start, when, he's right, it would be. If someone is spending $100+ dollars for 3 hours at a venue, a comfortable bathroom experience should definitely be provided. That's a low bar to clear.

• Bathrooms matter
• Apparel that fans want to wear matters
• Compelling online content matters
• Branching out to meet fans outside of Kanata matters
• Creating fun experiences for kids in and outside the rink matters

If the Senators want to solve their attendance and financial issues, they need to be proactive and creative. The fans won't just come, nor should they.

At least the fans that are complaining are trying to tell the organization what's wrong. The much bigger problem are the fans that have checked out and don't even bother complaining, and there are a lot of those in this city.

It's just hockey. If you like hockey, go watch. People here are trying to split the atom on why hockey is struggling in Ottawa.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Lol. Typical. You know the point I was trying to make, don't twist this. Of course you would actually believe that Melnyk has done all in his power to maximize revenues.

Good night. Enjoy the game!

It is typical for you. Bad point made. I don't believe anything that Melnyk says nor do i believe all the bleeding hearts here opining on why they don't care about the Ottawa Senators.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Honestly I think sports needs to be cheaper by a long shot or teams will have to accept that the average citizen can’t or won’t afdord to take their family to games.

It can be a ton of fun but a regular family of 5 can’t go to many games in a season.

You know, that utopian world where owners make less, players make less, and fans pay less; everyone is happy!!

Reactions: toivy and Tuna99

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
It's just hockey. If you like hockey, go watch. People here are trying to split the atom on why hockey is struggling in Ottawa.
So, if you like cars just buy one. Who cares who is selling it, what features are offered, colour, etc. Also, if you dont like the product you invested money in you are not allowed to complain about it and need to suck it up.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
The Ottawa Senators brand is boring and stale. Maybe the team should be proactive and do something to sell their brand. Hmmm. Maybe resigning key UFAs would also help. Maybe stop marketing Boro as the face of the team. Maybe start exploring growing your fanbase across the river, ypu know what helps that? A superstar Quebecer, Hotsam maybe???

There are tons of things Eugene can do to help increase revenues yet he refuses to. Sometimes instead of placing blame at the consumer, have a long look in the mirror. Those defending Melnyk should do the same thing

This whole "marketing" of Boro as the "face of the team" is just laughable.

To suggest there is not a superstar Quebecer on the team is just as laughable ........ does #72 ring any bells?

Also, to suggest the the owner, who you and others constantly describe as "broke" and needing more money to properly operate this franchise, is somehow "refusing" to do things to increase revenues, is the clear definition of an oxymoron POV.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017

To suggest there is not a superstar Quebecer on the team is just as laughable ........ does #72 ring any bells?

Also, to suggest the the owner, who you and others constantly describe as "broke" and needing more money to properly operate this franchise, is somehow "refusing" to do things to increase revenues, is the clear definition of an oxymoron POV.
He just said Chabot was the superstar quebecer

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
The main problem with Melnyck Senators is it doesn't feel good to buy ticket,s doesn't feel good to buy a jersey. 15 years ago I'd buy Sens tickets as Christmas presents, and I really wanted to be gifted Sens tickets. Now the value of a Sens ticket is close to Zero, we like our Sens but tickets, jerseys all that stuff is tainted and it doesn't feel good. Like a blood diamond, great to get a diamond, just don't support anything about it so you don't like it because you don't believe in the values or ethics of the process. Same in Ottawa, just with hockey tickets. Melnyck has soiled his own brand to the point that NHL tickets in a Canadian City are seen as a tainted product.

Reactions: Bean Drown

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
The main problem with Melnyck Senators is it doesn't feel good to buy ticket,s doesn't feel good to buy a jersey. 15 years ago I'd buy Sens tickets as Christmas presents, and I really wanted to be gifted Sens tickets. Now the value of a Sens ticket is close to Zero, we like our Sens but tickets, jerseys all that stuff is tainted and it doesn't feel good. Like a blood diamond, great to get a diamond, just don't support anything about it so you don't like it because you don't believe in the values or ethics of the process. Same in Ottawa, just with hockey tickets. Melnyck has soiled his own brand to the point that NHL tickets in a Canadian City are seen as a tainted product.

Looks like a few people purchased some tainted tickets... raising the average to 14,343

December 17, 2018, 7:30 PM
Attendance: 14,492
Arena: Canadian Tire Centre
Game Duration: 2:37​

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Looks like a few people purchased some tainted tickets... raising the average to 14,343

Being a Melnyck yes man has its benefits because living with blinders on is significantly easier then facing reality.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Being a Melnyck yes man has its benefits because living with blinders on is significantly easier then facing reality.

That's the best you can do, call someone a Melnyk yes man, when they point out the reality rather than the fantasy you hold to be true, that most fans don't see Senator tickets, as "tainted"?

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau

Do you know who Hotsam is?? Pretty sure I mentioned him. Quit cherry picking and actually read what I wrote.

I wrote specifically that Chabot should be the one they use and NOT BORO

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Do you know who Hotsam is?? Pretty sure I mentioned him. Quit cherry picking and actually read what I wrote.

I wrote specifically that Chabot should be the one they use and NOT BORO

Can you elaborate on your insistence that the Senators have promoted Boro, as the "Face of the Franchise"?

Is he featured on social media? Is he pictured on game day tickets?

Just quick look at their FB page which shows MD a lot, to promote upcoming games, I don't see anything that suggests your belief that Boro is the "face of the franchise".......... so please, give us something more than some dumb video that Boro was roped into doing ............ because if that is what you're using to support your claim, you're on thin ice.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
That's the best you can do, call someone a Melnyk yes man, when they point out the reality rather than the fantasy you hold to be true, that most fans don't see Senator tickets, as "tainted"?

I can do way better, I'm just being nice.

Fans love buying tickets, that's why we're 27th in NHL attendance with the other basket case franchises, they are papering the building, Melnyck told us he's had thoughts of moving the franchise and he's considered offers for the team. goijg great in Ottawa.

I stick by my fantasy, 15 years ago you get Sens tickets from Santa and you're pumped because it's a top level gift. 2018 you get a Sens tickets and it does t feel as good as it should, you know you're going to a half empty building, you hope the traffic isnt bad, you secretly would just rather get a $150 gift certificate to MEC.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Can you elaborate on your insistence that the Senators have promoted Boro, as the "Face of the Franchise"?

Is he featured on social media? Is he pictured on game day tickets?

Just quick look at their FB page which shows MD a lot, to promote upcoming games, I don't see anything that suggests your belief that Boro is the "face of the franchise".......... so please, give us something more than some dumb video that Boro was roped into doing ............ because if that is what you're using to support your claim, you're on thin ice.
Dude you have been on thin ice since your first post here.

HE WAS USED IN THE SEASON INTRO VIDEO WITH THE OWNER. What other proof do you need?

Am I on trial here? Is Boro used more than Chabot? Absolutely. Thats the point I am getting at.

Have you heard of "Boro-ed Time" with Ian Mendes? Have you not seen the commercials? Or how the media LOVES Boro sound bites?

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Dude you have been on thin ice since your first post here.

HE WAS USED IN THE SEASON INTRO VIDEO WITH THE OWNER. What other proof do you need?

Am I on trial here? Is Boro used more than Chabot? Absolutely. Thats the point I am getting at.

Have you heard of "Boro-ed Time" with Ian Mendes? Have you not seen the commercials? Or how the media LOVES Boro sound bites?
Just report the bot and move on.

At some point, the common denominator for destroying every thread on this board for the last 8 months will be removed and maybe some decent posters will come back, until then, all you can do is report it.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
I can do way better, I'm just being nice.

Fans love buying tickets, that's why we're 27th in NHL attendance with the other basket case franchises, they are papering the building, Melnyck told us he's had thoughts of moving the franchise and he's considered offers for the team. goijg great in Ottawa.

I stick by my fantasy, 15 years ago you get Sens tickets from Santa and you're pumped because it's a top level gift. 2018 you get a Sens tickets and it does t feel as good as it should, you know you're going to a half empty building, you hope the traffic isnt bad, you secretly would just rather get a $150 gift certificate to MEC.

Your all grown up now. I doubt Santa will ever thrill you again.

Acidrain66

Jun 13, 2018

And guess what..alot of free tickets were given away

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad