Speculation: Meeting with Lecavalier

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I might not agree on those players per se, but I do want tougher harder to play against players. we have enough softer finesse guys at the moment. We already have Bart, Backs and Huds as softer forwards and then Staj, Cammy, Stempy. Or only "tougher" forwards right now are Glencross, Jones and Knight and they still IMO aren't a the level of toughness we need.

Who do you want to target?

Also what do you think of giving Olsez a chance.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Who do you want to target?

Also what do you think of giving Olsez a chance.
Obviously Horton as a UFA, but I know we won't get him.

I just don't want tough 3rd liners. I want top 6 forwards with grit.

no to Olesz unless its a year, 2 way deal @ league minimum, but at those rates I won't be upset with any signing :laugh:

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Obviously Horton as a UFA, but I know we won't get him.

I just don't want tough 3rd liners. I want top 6 forwards with grit.

no to Olesz unless its a year, 2 way deal @ league minimum, but at those rates I won't be upset with any signing :laugh:

I would give Olesz a 1 year 1 way 800k deal. He has always been physical (3rd in hits in 2009-2010 on Florida, 5th in hits in 2010-2011 missed half the season) and has always been a good defensive player (his worst season on Florida was -5)

I think he would be a good guy to take a gamble on he most likely will just be a slightly better version of Comeau but he does have a lot of skill.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I too would take Vinny over "Flip", who now sounds like a teenage skateboarder to me.

But I would accept Filpula to share the number one spot with Backlund. Just to take the pressure off him for one more year until he takes the role and runs with it.

And if this does happen, I think Knight needs to take the number 3 spot and Stajan gets traded at the deadline

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Meh lol. Last offseason the majority of Wings fans wouldn't of moved him for Jbo. I think with top 6 minutes he's a definite upgrade over Stajan. But yeah it's a steep price.

How can we know unless we are playing Stajan in the top 6?

Also Stajan outplayed him last year even when he had Zetterberg.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
They're actually fairly comparable but I view Filppula as a more skilled player. I really want to reunite him with Hudler.

At the 5+ million Filp will want I would rather actually use Stajan in the top 6 since I think he is a more productive player.

Stajan is not flashy at all but he finds a way to get the puck to his open linemates in scoring positions. He has also gained a bit of grit and is a very good 2 way player.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
At the 5+ million Filp will want I would rather actually use Stajan in the top 6 since I think he is a more productive player.

Stajan is not flashy at all but he finds a way to get the puck to his open linemates in scoring positions. He has also gained a bit of grit and is a very good 2 way player.

I have Stajan pencilled in for 37-40 points next year. With Iggy and Tangs gone that's gonna affect his production a little. I love Stajan with Glencross and Stemps, but none of them are high snorers.

I think Filp and Hudler would both be over 50pts. Now of course this is just me so I'm probably completely wrong.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

Hudler - Stajan - Jones

/win

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I have Stajan pencilled in for 37-40 points next year. With Iggy and Tangs gone that's gonna affect his production a little. I love Stajan with Glencross and Stemps, but none of them are high snorers.

I think Filp and Hudler would both be over 50pts. Now of course this is just me so I'm probably completely wrong.

I don't see how Stajan only played with Tanguay 20% of the time and Iginla 14%.

How is Filp any better than Stajan he only has one season of 50+ points in his career last season he had 17 points in 41 games last year versus Stajan's 23 points in 43 games, Stajan had pp time Filp did, Stajan was our shut down center, Filp wasn't even a center and was playing wing on the 2nd line.

Basically Stajan at 3.5 > Filp at 5+

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Personally I would keep our best line from last year together

Glencross - Stajan - Stempniak
I think Stempniak and Glencross both played great with everyone, as did Stajan. But Hudler played his best with Stajan and Cervenka, Jones replacing Cervenka seems like a good fit.

Plus I really want Stempniak and Glencross to school Knight

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I think Stempniak and Glencross both played great with everyone, as did Stajan. But Hudler played his best with Stajan and Cervenka, Jones replacing Cervenka seems like a good fit.

Plus I really want Stempniak and Glencross to school Knight

All good points, lets wait and see what we do in FA. If we get Vinny I want Hudler to be with him if we get him.

Wabbit

Jun 22, 2013
Vinny would be the ideal mentor for our young centers-mainly Monahan and Knight. he plays a sound two-way game and we need these guys to learn the position by watching a guy like that.

Feb 20, 2012
Calgary
WTF would we want Vinny for? We are in a rebuild so accept it. If he is coming to Calgary for 5 yrs @ $5 million per then he is coming for the money and a basic retirement package because he would have no motivation to win. we don't need any of these types of UFA's. Grab Bozak and a few on short term deals that would be attractive for trade deadline deals.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
LeBrun said he thinks it will take 5 mil per year for 4 or 5 years.

I would easily give him 23 million over 4 years (5.75 av)

I'd be absolutely fine with 18 million/3 year deal. Cap's meant for spending.

I have to think Stajan or Backlund will be finding their way out soon enough (saddens me, Backlund; I don't care about Stajan lol) if Vinny is signed.

Vinny
Backlund/Stajan
Monahan
Knight

That's not bad center depth actually. Very young.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad