Medias

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
It's not that hard to understand honestly, it bothers people because they're supposed to be impartial and tell things like they are, and 99% of them don't. We all know they'd be destroying any other coach right now but because it's their buddy MT, he can do no wrong. The day he's finally fired it still won't be his fault. I remember them calling out Jacques Martin back then, why can't they do the same with Therrien? He's doing worse with a better roster.

Professional sports is entertainment.

When we look at any forms of entertainment, are directors, actors, musicians and others forced to face the media who..."keeps them honest".

At end of the day...it's more than a TV show or a movie to us but it's still entertainment and nowhere does media keep entertainers "honest".

So expecting them to do that is a little much, just stop watching them.

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
I'm actually trying to find any voice of reason on l'Antichambre.

The only one I see, and it'll be surprising to most, is Guy Carbonneau and at times Denis Gauthier.

Gaston Therrien may be the worst of all time.
Guillaume Latendresse is hung up on hating Lars Eller and every second word out of his mouth is Eller bashing. And the other word is how great Davey is.
Vinnie Damphousse is surprisingly terrible. Like Guillaume but a bit calmer.
François Gagnon doesn't like the Habs. Right now, he's correct in his complaints but he pains him to ever say something good.

The only commentator I can listen to is Danny Dubé.

On TSN, Marinaro is too high and too low. He's the biggest fanboy when things are going well and the biggest hater when things aren't. He thinks that by yelling and yelling, people will listen. The morning show has gotten pretty bad lately and they have to get that idiot Lemay off of there... another closet hater of all not called Desharnais.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
The french media are extremely protective and bias toward french canadians and borderline xenophobic.

Yesterday on l'antichambre basically everyone was criticized except DD and Therrien.

When Eller or Bealieu makes a technical error, they will have a big screen showing their mistake but when DD forget his man in OT and that man went on a breakaway and score the winning goal, not a single word was said. When MT uses Byron more than Gallagher. Not single word. When DD is our most used forward despite his 4 pts in 21 games, which place him dead last in the team(behind Eller, DSP, Mitchell, Flynn, Andrighetto, Carr etc etc, all of them name it), they never question MT's decisions about it.

Of course, I might be generalizing a little bit when I say french media but RDS and TVASports are the worst.

Evil Ted

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
It's really only one media group that's the problem most others like tsn CBC and even sports-net are objective. It's been this way forever it the local media is more like tabloids and always have been it's pathetic if you don't like it it's simple don't watch rds or read there papers.

Alex514

May 10, 2015
Dubé is actually an excellent hockey analyst! One of the few bright lights on the 98,5 crew.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Anyone ever heard of this site?

http://hockey30.com/

I came across a reference to a story on Twitter and followed it hear.
They are claiming MT has been put on notice of termination and will be replaced by Boucher by the All-Star break and that MB has submitted a very aggressive offer for Droiun.

I have no idea who they are, I don't speak French, so I can only get a little of what's on the site.

Alex514

May 10, 2015
Anyone ever heard of this site?

http://hockey30.com/

I came across a reference to a story on Twitter and followed it hear.
They are claiming MT will be replaced by Boucher by the All-Star break and that MB has submitted a very aggressive offer for Droiun.

I have no idea who they are, I don't speak French, so I can only get a little of what's on the site.

Oh god.... Tell me it ain't so! Another DLC, 25Stanley type of website. They're sprining up like wild mushrooms.

LOL @ this site..... They stole our petition!!!!!!!!!!! http://hockey30.com/nouvelles/une-p...nt-de-michel-therrien-et-pour-un-coach-anglo/

HatTricK09

Jun 23, 2012
Media = Business

Habs = Money

Media needs to keep a good relationship with the Habs in order to continue being allowed at the Bell Centre.

Everyone is scared of saying something controversial or asking tough questions because Habs have the ability to control their career. Only people with less to lose will say what the mainstream media won't say.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Professional sports is entertainment.

When we look at any forms of entertainment, are directors, actors, musicians and others forced to face the media who..."keeps them honest".

At end of the day...it's more than a TV show or a movie to us but it's still entertainment and nowhere does media keep entertainers "honest".

So expecting them to do that is a little much, just stop watching them.

Sports teams and athletes in general are entertainers but they are also held accountable as per a longstanding journalistic practice.

I see nothing wrong with calling out those media types who are winging it or are incapable of critical judgment.

Last edited:

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Sports teams and athletes in general are entertainers but they are also held accountable as per a longstanding journalistic practice. I was merely responding to the other poster's account comparing our lackeys to Justin Weiner.

Thanks but don't need your permission to continue watching them. I see nothing wrong with calling out those media types who are winging it or are incapable of critical judgment.

I'm not sure why you took it personally when I didn't even respond to you.

I don't know who Justin Weiner is.

All I could tell you is things won't change. Keep giving them hits if you want. Call them out, do whatever you like. I just responded to someone else stating it's an entertainment business whether we like it or not. If they get the ratings, they have no obligation to change.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Oh god.... Tell me it ain't so! Another DLC, 25Stanley type of website. They're sprining up like wild mushrooms.

LOL @ this site..... They stole our petition!!!!!!!!!!! http://hockey30.com/nouvelles/une-p...nt-de-michel-therrien-et-pour-un-coach-anglo/

That site has been around a long time. It mostly regurgitates items from other sites, except that it presents them in a manner that caters to the lowest common denominator. Their opening comment is a gem: "- AYOYE!!!!" :laugh:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm not sure why you took it personally when I didn't even respond to you.

I don't know who Justin Weiner is.

All I could tell you is things won't change. Keep giving them hits if you want. Call them out, do whatever you like. I just responded to someone else stating it's an entertainment business whether we like it or not. If they get the ratings, they have no obligation to change.

My bad, I moved too quickly. I made a similar point on the other page. I've amended my post, thanks for letting me know.

Justin Bieber appeared in his birthday suit on many entertainment sites about a month ago. Hence, Justin Weiner. I tried. ;)

Alex514

May 10, 2015
That site has been around a long time. It mostly regurgitates items from other sites, except that it presents them in a manner that caters to the lowest common denominator. Their opening comment is a gem: "- AYOYE!!!!" :laugh:

My bad!

Didn't know about them before today. Clics probably do not come to them easily.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
My bad!

Didn't know about them before today. Clics probably do not come to them easily.

Not at all, goes to show you how little it takes to be a "potins" specialty site, it's mostly about graphics, pictures, design, catchy and mostly controversial headlines and anything you can borrow from other sites. Site-produced, elaborate or meaningful content, is optional. This can only work in the virtual world.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
They're protecting their friend Therrien. The problem is that many people actually believe these so called "experts". Half of them can't even remember the players names. The others are dusters like Gaston Therrien.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad