Medias

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Seriously I have no words to describe how bad they are.

Yesterday in l'Anti-Chambre : Galchenyuk is a bad player and we need to move him and they believe in Therrien.

Today on 91,9 J-C Lavoie and Michel Langevin : We need to make a big trade and by big trade they means Galchenyuk or Subban and we need to keep Therrien. And if we ever fire him we cant replace him with Boucher but with Benoit Groulx or a guy from the Q.

Why cant the french medias ****ing blame Bergevin, Therrien, DD, Plekanec, Pacioretty? Why do they need to blame it on our skills/flashy players? Why do they have a specific agenda?

What happened in being competent? Asking the hard questions?

Broascasters and newspapers dont feel the need in hiring the cream de la cream? Coaches and Gm have it so simple nowdays.

When the only one in the whole industry who blame it on the real persons responsable for this mess is Tony Marinaro, we have a problem. The guy is an entertainer, but at least hes dpeaking the truth.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
The last time a media member asked the hard question, he got lambasted by Bergevin. He set the tone for future questions.

As for L'atichambre, they are a bunch of clowns with personal agenda's.

Patccmoi

Aug 11, 2010
One thing I can say is that I don't remember any team going 4-20 and have the vast majority of their media saying the coach is in no way to blame. We're not talking about a team that finished last the year before with 0 expectation here, we're talking about a team that should've been a contender (and sure started the season like one).

Therrien's decisions are hardly debated by anyone, it's pretty amazing.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Seriously I have no words to describe how bad they are.

Yesterday in l'Anti-Chambre : Galchenyuk is a bad player and we need to move him and they believe in Therrien.

Today on 91,9 J-C Lavoie and Michel Langevin : We need to make a big trade and by big trade they means Galchenyuk or Subban and we need to keep Therrien. And if we ever fire him we cant replace him with Boucher but with Benoit Groulx or a guy from the Q.

Why cant the french medias ****ing blame Bergevin, Therrien, DD, Plekanec, Pacioretty? Why do they need to blame it on our skills/flashy players? Why do they have a specific agenda?

What happened in being competent? Asking the hard questions?

Broascasters and newspapers dont feel the need in hiring the cream de la cream? Coaches and Gm have it so simple nowdays.

When the only one in the whole industry who blame it on the real persons responsable for this mess is Tony Marinaro, we have a problem. The guy is an entertainer, but at least hes dpeaking the truth.

The media aren't interesting in searching for truth, they're interested in catering to their target demographics. French media members will dodge blaming Therrien and Desharnais to a point because that's not what their demographic wants to hear and English media members will hammer Therrien and point to the French-language "conspiracy" as to why we're still stuck in the mud because that's what their demographic wants to hear.

I'm speaking in broad strokes but by and large, that's how it goes.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
The media aren't interesting in searching for truth, they're interested in catering to their target demographics. French media members will dodge blaming Therrien and Desharnais to a point because that's not what their demographic wants to hear and English media members will hammer Therrien and point to the French-language "conspiracy" as to why we're still stuck in the mud because that's what their demographic wants to hear.

I'm speaking in broad strokes but by and large, that's how it goes.

This.

The only guy in the MTL media I can actually stand is Arpon Basu. Maybe Dave Stubbs but I dont think he'll ever criticize anyone.

Jay Wolf

Jun 14, 2011
I don't watch Antichambre anymore for obvious reasons, (when Mario Tremblay is your voice of intellectual reason, something's gone awry). Nor do I watch the coaches comments, since I already know what he and his players are going to say. It's all so predictable and boring! So I guess I can't speak intelligently about the French side, but I do listen to TSN and at least half of them have been criticizing MT. Some have even called for his head (Marinaro, Mckenna).

Is no one asking MT tough questions during the post-games? And what about Playstation boy? When does he answer for some of this debacle??

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
I don't watch Antichambre anymore for obvious reasons, (when Mario Tremblay is your voice of intellectual reason, something's gone awry). Nor do I watch the coaches comments, since I already know what he and his players are going to say. It's all so predictable and boring! So I guess I can't speak intelligently about the French side, but I do listen to TSN and at least half of them have been criticizing MT. Some have even called for his head (Marinaro, Mckenna).

This is what I do as well. I mean, listening to the radio while doing something else is OK, but watching those dummies on TV is just a waste of life.

Is no one asking MT tough questions during the post-games? And what about Playstation boy? When does he answer for some of this debacle??

MB seems to be in hiding. Probably waiting for things to blow over and calm down.

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC

They're not allowed to ask the tough questions, they'll lose their media pass if they do. The Canadiens have the media on a leash.

Patccmoi

Aug 11, 2010
MB seems to be in hiding. Probably waiting for things to blow over and calm down.

No way, he's working on a 3 way trade in order to move Andrighetto for a SJ's 4th rounder, which they're only willing to part with for a defenseman. And those trades can take weeks to work out.

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
well, kinda obvious that the media is in cahoots with the Club. the question is - if it is staged/scripted/tightly controlled why people care to watch those pressers and what does it matter in what language show is performed? :sarcasm:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
This.

The only guy in the MTL media I can actually stand is Arpon Basu. Maybe Dave Stubbs but I dont think he'll ever criticize anyone.

Well, since he's no longer writing for the Gazette, that shouldn't happen.

I'm wondering if congrats are in order for Stubbs. That's a damn fine nice job he just got.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
I wouldn't pay especial attention to any in the media who hasn't played or been front office in professional hockey. Unless they have, their opinions are no better than a hfboards poster (which is to say, a wide mix of good to terrible). Like who seriously gives a **** what some amateur like Conner McKenna or Tony Marinara says?

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I used to be mad against the media as well until I started working for one. Are some of them bad? For sure. But for the most part they're doing a honest job. Can't blame them for being "soft" against the Habs staff, the journalists aren't there to stir crap and **** on them (unless it's their very reason to exist... I'm looking at you Sun), they aren't fans and thank god.

Most of the people who always get listed as being awful aren't even journalists anyways and the reason why they always seem so out of it is because they're being paid for having opinions. Having horrible opinions sells too.

I get disappointed from time to time by how journalists report news, like the Galchenyuk story. But never will I blame them for how terrible the Habs are or for having different opinions than mine.

MoonlightGraham

Oct 28, 2005
Montreal
I never understood the media hate on HFBoards. Who cares if you disagree with them? People are entitled to have different opinions.

Ultimately, if what you read or hear annoys you so much, why do you keep watching and then complain about it here? I watch most of the games but I very rarely read or watch anything else Habs related. I honestly couldn't care less if media personnalities expess opinions I disagree with. I can't understand why posters seem to complain about them in almost every thread. Just don't watch! It's so easy.

It's like listening to Justin Bieber every day on your iPod and complaining that you hate his music.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I never understood the media hate on HFBoards. Who cares if you disagree with them? People are entitled to have different opinions.

Ultimately, if what you read or hear annoys you so much, why do you keep watching and then complain about it here? I watch most of the games but I very rarely read or watch anything else Habs related. I honestly couldn't care less if media personnalities expess opinions I disagree with. I can't understand why posters seem to complain about them in almost every thread. Just don't watch! It's so easy.

It's like listening to Justin Bieber every day on your iPod and complaining that you hate his music.

Exactly. Not to mention watching them only helps them generate income for the station.

Stop watching, they'll need to improve as a result.

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal

It's not that hard to understand honestly, it bothers people because they're supposed to be impartial and tell things like they are, and 99% of them don't. We all know they'd be destroying any other coach right now but because it's their buddy MT, he can do no wrong. The day he's finally fired it still won't be his fault. I remember them calling out Jacques Martin back then, why can't they do the same with Therrien? He's doing worse with a better roster.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The media is not like Justin Weiner. Their job is to keep the decision-makers honest and generally to act as a watchdog for the public. Listening to Weiner, doesn't imply any particular responsibility and is merely a matter of taste or lack thereof.

Too many media types are not schooled in the art of journalism and given the shallow pool that is Montreal, we get a lot of "personalities" rather than reporters and analysts and far too many of them are in bed with the Habs to such a point that you'd think they are on the Habs's payroll.

True enough, we could tune most of them out and it wouldn't make that much of a difference. The worst are Habs "news" aggregators, mostly juvenile posers who poach a few weeks' worth of posts from fan sites and repackage them into a blog or simpleton article that they feature on a generic sports site. Again, more unpaid employees doing the Habs' work for free. More fodder for posters who have more than their fill of platitudes, cliches and captain obvious droppings.

Flylotus

Oct 9, 2010
Since media sell you the HABS product, IMO, you also have to be careful who you listen to. L'Antichambre are obvious posterboys, but Mathias Brunet, Dany Dubé, and Mario Langlois in a lesser way (98.5) are more clear-headed and are worth listening to. The rest, well... yeah. All 3 have spoken pretty openly about the pressure on Therrien and Bergevin right now. So has Carbonneau.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Mario Langlois? You've got to be kidding me. The guy is a pure lèche-bottes, a political emissary only a shade removed from the usual suspects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad