Pre-Game Talk: MDSF: (2) New York Rangers vs. (3) Philadelphia Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
You know it's time for the puck to drop when there are hypotheticals being thrown around about teams icing up kindergarten kids in the Stanley cup finals...

One thing people always talk about is 'depth' as an attribute to a team. Every year, teams face circumstances with injuries that question and test the depth of a team.

Even if the rangers get past the flyers , to get the the stanley cup, they still have to face 3 teams that will most likely have their #1 goalie playing for them....if the flyers don't have their number 1 for the first round...then it is what it is... the rangers would still have many challenges ahead of them if they get past round 1.

Yes, and frankly, luck is absolutely required to go all the way. Just the way the league works. Of course, if you're a deep team, there's a greater chance of experiencing good luck and winning more games, but sometimes crazy things happen that can't be explained, no matter how hard people try to place blame.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
The team that comes out of this with a Stanley Cup will have gotten it's share of breaks. No question.

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
Yeah, lets keep this on topic.

I hate the Flyers and pretty much anything that has come from or is related to that town save Richter and my wife, who went to Nova.

And to be honest, I hate my wife 30% of the time and Mike's inability to age is starting to grow on my nerves...

There you have it.

Screw Philly...

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
This is probably going to be the most physical series in the first round and the Flyers are a good team, but the way this Rangers team is put together, I like our chances.

As do I.

There are some "IFS" same as other team, but this team has a good chance to raise a few eye brows.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Yeah, lets keep this on topic.

I hate the Flyers and pretty much anything that has come from or is related to that town save Richter and my wife, who went to Nova.

And to be honest, I hate my wife 30% of the time and Mike's inability to age is starting to grow on my nerves...

There you have it.

Screw Philly...

Presidential Hair ;-)

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Let's take this hyperbole a step further. Let's say the Flyers, Penguins, Bruins, and say Ducks, pull a bunch the same thing and let a bunch of kindergartners and we sweep our way through the cup. What will that cup actually mean to you? You're not going to be able to use it in salary negotiations, you won't be able to pawn off a ring, the cup to you should represent great play and overcoming adversity. If your team got gimme wins (not Emery but your South Park example), what adversity did your team overcome and what did they accomplish? This is more of a philosophical question, and obviously is not based on Emery being in over Mason. I'm just illustrating my point with a bit of a philosophical question. It's sort of a reductio ad absurdum argument.

I don't care if we win each game 6-5 or 1-0. I don't care if we play a bunch of AHL-call ups or the big stars. Wins are wins and winning the Cup is special, anyway you look at it.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
You play the cards your dealt. No one is going to feel sorry for us if Henrik gets hurt. If Mason can't play that's their ****ing problem. The playoffs are about attrition. Quite often teams without enough depth go belly up. That's why you want the extra d-men especially.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
It's that smell, you know the one. Starts about Exit 7 on the NJ Turnpike and gets progressively worse around this time....it smells like Bush League Playoff Antics

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
I could see the Thugs in Philly reasoning something like this if Philly loses 2 games and The King is hot and Ray is not:
Musing in locker room "must even things out somehow"
Looks at Dave Scultz and Bobby Clarke photos in dressing room prior to game 3
Some goon go after NYR goalie
Hurts Lundqvist With a tomahawk like action (almost like Ogelthorpe did it)
"Even game now" he says to coach during ejection phase
Philly (entire) team Screams "Adrian". Crowd of lunatics goes wild
Philly brass Reconfirms Wrestlemania box seats

Last edited:

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
Class until 6pm with obnoxious traffic on the way back. Juuuuuust enough time to stop off, get something to eat and get settled for puck drop.

Can't wait.

Cake or Death

Great to see divisional playoffs again. I can still remember that one pre-season game, maybe '95 or '96, where 6 guys were tossed before the 10 min mark, about 200 penalty mins in just the first period, and like 275 total for the game. These teams used to hate each other and the playoff games were insanely intense. Good stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad