Pre-Game Talk: MDSF: (2) New York Rangers vs. (3) Philadelphia Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
People are actually upset Mason isn't starting hahahahah.

Please as punch. Hopefully he'll be out the entire series.

I'm only upset because I like playing the other teams' best. If we beat the Flyers because Emery sucks there's nothing rewarding about that at all.

tbonenc*

I really despise the Flyers.

While this series could go either way, there is not question that if the Rangers play their game, they win.
We can't let the Flyers goon squad get into our heads. Let them take their runs at Mac, let Simmons and Rinaldo take dumb penalties, so long as our defense shuts down their top lines and our offense skates that USHL defense into the ice.

I sincerely hope that MSL elevates his game and Nash comes out like he's got a rocket up his a$$.
If we can get these two playing, I think the Rangers take this in six games at most.

LGR!!!

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Yeah I don't get this "beat other teams when they are at their best". Injuries happen. Teams have to take advantage of it. The year Gaborik played with a dislocated shoulder and Boyle played with concussion when the Devils beat the Rangers, did the Devils, say, "aw darn, wish we could have beaten them when they were healthy"?

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
The previous page is a bunch of people saying Emery scares them and the Rangers play horrible against back ups. I'm not sure a couple people saying this should be easy constitutes cockiness haha.

HF is not the whole world my friend. I'm hearing this all over.

Thankfully the Rangers do not seem nearly as confident in an easy series as a lot of us fans seem to be.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I can think of at least one reward. :laugh:

This is not practical in any way. I just prefer winning on the strength of my own team rather than bad luck for the opposition. If the Rangers won the cup because all of their opposition had key injuries, it would be great, but I'm not the guy getting a ring or salary bump, I'd feel a little unsatisfied. Satisfaction is more than seeing my team parading the cup to me. It's my team finding a way to best other team's best through 4 playoff rounds (though you'll always get some injuries). A cup represents something, by itself it's worthless. I'm not saying my opinion is correct, but it's my opinion and I know it's probably not the most popular one, but here it is anyway. I'll still be happy, but feel unsatisfied to a large degree.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Snowblind, if the Rangers win this series, it will be on the strength of their team no matter who is in goal. You don't have to worry.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Snowblind, if the Rangers win this series, it will be on the strength of their team no matter who is in goal. You don't have to worry.

I mean, it's one player. I've always been like this. I always find injuries in the opposition and can't take complete satisfaction in wins. Ironically I take no solace in us losing while injured. :laugh:

park rangers

Optimist
Feb 7, 2009
NJ
I'm only upset because I like playing the other teams' best. If we beat the Flyers because Emery sucks there's nothing rewarding about that at all.

The only explanation as to why or how you think this way is because you care too much what other fans say or think.

You must be close friends with a Devils fan. I know the feeling.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
HF is not the whole world my friend. I'm hearing this all over.

Thankfully the Rangers do not seem nearly as confident in an easy series as a lot of us fans seem to be.

Who cares what the casual fans think? Or how confident the fans are in general. It has absolutely no bearing on the outcome of the series. The New York Rangers are not going to lose because the fans are obnoxious and cocky. Just like they're not going to win because some guy didn't shave his beard or wash his clothes for the duration of the playoffs.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The only explanation as to why or how you think this way is because you care too much what other fans say or think.

You must be close friends with a Devils fan. I know the feeling.

Not really, if we beat the Flyers with Emery in net, unless we completely dominated and he played well I'd just feel cheap. It's weird. It's my own psychosis, no need to analyze it. :laugh:

tbonenc*

I mean, it's one player. I've always been like this. I always find injuries in the opposition and can't take complete satisfaction in wins. Ironically I take no solace in us losing while injured. :laugh:

Injuries happen to every team, in every sport. Many go unreported while the players are at 70%.
If every team got do-overs because players were injured, the season would never end.

Screw the Flyers and whoever they have in goal.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Injuries happen to every team, in every sport. Many go unreported while the players are at 70%.
If every team got do-overs because players were injured, the season would never end.

Screw the Flyers and whoever they have in goal.

Dorsett getting injured and Lundqvist getting injured are 2 different injuries though. Goalie is the most important position. Whatever, I'll take it if we win, lol.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Dorsett getting injured and Lundqvist getting injured are 2 different injuries though. Goalie is the most important position. Whatever, I'll take it if we win, lol.
Lundqvist getting injured is a lot different from Mason getting injured too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad