Choose

• Mctavish + Edvinsson

• Eklund + L.Hughes

Results are only viewable after voting.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
I think you meant take the guy with the red and white jersey.

Its 100% close, but be honest with your bias, when its this close you can be.
So he came to the same decision as you but did so because of bias (while stating the DRW player comparison could "go either way"), and you got there through objective reasoning? And that's what you're at him about?

Yikes.

Reactions: newfy

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
No need to be in denial about everything. Again, no need to be such a big homer and deny anything whenever you're wrong.

Edit: Here you go, take the L

He got that injury during the season... lmao.

He struggled in his first year and there was no room for him so Bouchard used him at forward so he played, then injuries happened and he finished super strong.

Cenzhin

Mar 2, 2018
Calgary
He got that injury during the season... lmao.

He struggled in his first year and there was no room for him so Bouchard used him at forward so he played, then injuries happened and he finished super strong.
So even pre-injury he couldn't crack the top 6 D in the AHL. Sounds like he was gonna bust regardless. But nah, it's because of the injuries.

Reactions: newfy

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
So even pre-injury he couldn't crack the top 6 D in the AHL. Sounds like he was gonna bust regardless. But nah, it's because of the injuries.
He was a rookie and that was in his first 15 games? He was always weak physically and needed time. I guess you know a lot about Brook, lmao.

Cenzhin

Mar 2, 2018
Calgary
He was a rookie and that was in his first 15 games? He was always weak physically and needed time. I guess you know a lot about Brook, lmao.
How can the 5th best defensive prospect and the 13th best prospect in the world not crack the top 6 D on an AHL team at 20 years old :laugh:

Cenzhin

Mar 2, 2018
Calgary
Because development isnt linear?
I guess he was the most raw 20 year old potential #1D in the history of the NHL then.

You also said he was already better than Petry in 2019. So much for that.

Last edited:

EverTheCynic

May 26, 2022
It’s impossible to know with prospects who were just drafted. Edvinsson played all of twenty something games the last 2 years. They’re guys you gotta watch and scout.

You can stat watch their D+1 year and beyond to make better projections. Not guys who were just drafted. I’m not a scout, I don’t watch these kids play.

Just no way to know.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
It’s impossible to know with prospects who were just drafted. Edvinsson played all of twenty something games the last 2 years. They’re guys you gotta watch and scout.

You can stat watch their D+1 year and beyond to make better projections. Not guys who were just drafted. I’m not a scout, I don’t watch these kids play.

Just no way to know.
Edvinsson played like 60+ games last season. Lots of video on him if you didn't have the chance to watch any games.

EverTheCynic

May 26, 2022
Edvinsson played like 60+ games last season. Lots of video on him if you didn't have the chance to watch any games.
You’re right about the games played. I mixed up there.

But still, I don’t find YouTube highlights for draft year players sufficient. At least for forwards. I cant differentiate the attributes that separate success from failure.

You get guys who look unremarkable like Pastrnak, then they come in and destroy the NHL. Then other guys who in highlight packages look amazing, and they completely bust out.

I “see something” in defensive prospects sometimes. Guys like Theodore, Makar, Quinn Hughes, and now Zellweger. But I feel like that’s just mostly the really exceptional skating standing out. There’s a big difference between how those guys skate and how other “fast mobile d” skate.

There’s a reason teams pay scouting staffs. I don’t think highlight packages and stat watching is good enough for draft year fan projections. Generally.

Obviously if it’s McDavid or something, sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad