Mctavish + Edvinsson vs Hughes + Eklund

Choose

• Mctavish + Edvinsson

• Eklund + L.Hughes

Results are only viewable after voting.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
I like Eklund a lot but he doesn't have the same Superstar potential that McTavish has (for me).

Gap between Hughes and Edvinsson isn't big enough to make up for it.

Close poll though.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Edvinsson Hughes could go either way, not an easy choice. I would personally take Edvinsson but its a coin flip.

McTavish is a fairly easy choice for me over Eklund though

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I'm in the same boat as everyone else. McTavish and Edvinsson pretty easily. I'm really high on Edvinsson though.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
First group ez

I wonder why youd take Edvinsson 🥱

No clear edge for either, I'll take the guy who is 6'6"+ with a mean streak. If you want to take Hughes go for it, but its not like I said theres some significant gap between the two. Go off, though

Reactions: SenzZen and bsu

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
No clear edge for either, I'll take the guy who is 6'6"+ with a mean streak. If you want to take Hughes go for it, but its not like I said theres some significant gap between the two. Go off, though
I think you meant take the guy with the red and white jersey.

Its 100% close, but be honest with your bias, when its this close you can be.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017

I'm a fan of neither team and take Edvinsson over Hughes without second thought. It's hard to defend if you aren't big and don't have reach now-a-days with all these crosschecking rules and the way the game is going. The rules are going to keep trending that way IMO which is why big defensemen are so important.... especially ones that can skate. Edvinsson is definitely unicorn style his skating/hands/size/mean streak is very intriguing.

For me it's:

Edvinsson
McTavish/Hughes
Eklund

Right now as it stands but I think Eklund is getting an unfair shake here because of the situation he was put in last season.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

Or I like his play style, he was more highly rated by more reputable draft sources at the draft and hes been pretty dominant against men since the draft vs Hughes still waiting to go pro. Theres an NHL GM on record saying they had him ranked first overall and hes grown an inch and a half since the draft.

I'm glad hes in red and white but theres plenty of other reasons I would rather have him

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'm a fan of neither team and take Edvinsson over Hughes without second thought. It's hard to defend if you aren't big and don't have reach now-a-days with all these crosschecking rules and the way the game is going. The rules are going to keep trending that way IMO which is why big defensemen are so important.... especially ones that can skate. Edvinsson is definitely unicorn style his skating/hands/size/mean streak is very intriguing.

For me it's:

Edvinsson
McTavish/Hughes
Eklund

Right now as it stands but I think Eklund is getting an unfair shake here because of the situation he was put in last season.

I have Edvinsson ahead of Hughes by a few spot on my ranking.

Hughes is 6'2 btw.

Or I like his play style, he was more highly rated by more reputable draft sources at the draft and hes been pretty dominant against men since the draft vs Hughes still waiting to go pro. Theres an NHL GM on record saying they had him ranked first overall and hes grown an inch and a half since the draft.

I'm glad hes in red and white but theres plenty of other reasons I would rather have him
Nah man, youre notorious and known for it, just embrace it, you'd find a way to spin it for Hughes if he was a Redwing. Just be honest.

Cenzhin

Mar 2, 2018
Calgary

Hughes is 6'2 btw.

Nah man, youre notorious and known for it, just embrace it, you'd find a way to spin it for Hughes if he was a Redwing. Just be honest.
You're the guy who said Romanov and Seider were nearly equal prospects and Brook was a top 15 prospect league-wide :laugh:

Reactions: Crunchy and newfy

Cenzhin

Mar 2, 2018
Calgary
Romanov is a top pair D on a bad team and Seider is top pair D on a bad team... Looks like I wasn't far off...

As for Brook, injuries happen.
Nah man, you're notorious for being a homer and known for it, just embrace it, you'd find a way to spin it for Edvinsson if he was a Hab. Just be honest.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Nah man, you're notorious for being a homer and known for it, just embrace it, you'd find a way to spin it for Edvinsson if he was a Hab. Just be honest.
Probably yeah, thats why I preferred Barron to Sanderson, Slafkovsky to Johnson, Guhle to Heinola, Farrel to Robertson and Roy to Poulin in my latest rankings.

Oh wait, its the opposite.

Cenzhin

Mar 2, 2018
Calgary
Probably yeah, thats why I preferred Barron to Sanderson, Slafkovsky to Johnson, Guhle to Heinola, Farrel to Robertson and Roy to Poulin in my latest rankings.

Oh wait, its the opposite.
You are known as one of the biggest Habs homers on this site. If you're gonna call someone else out for it at least have the dignity to admit it yourself.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

So you must be a red wings fan for having the exact same opinion as me? You realise how dumb you sound right

Romanov is a top pair D on a bad team and Seider is top pair D on a bad team... Looks like I wasn't far off...

As for Brook, injuries happen.

You were far off lol, Romanov isnt in Seiders stratosphere. Not everyone is a massive homer like you, and its really odd that you call me a homer for having the same opinion as you.

The hot takes you have about prospects for the habs, sure homerish. When its an opinion that is shared by many, I've backed up in this thread with legit reasons and youve said you have the same opinion as me? Super intelligent to call me out on that one, wow you got me

Reactions: SenzZen

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
You are known as one of the biggest Habs homers on this site. If you're gonna call someone else out for it at least have the dignity to admit it yourself.
Yes I am human, but what you call bias was merely misevaluation from Seiders AHL year and Brook suffering career ending injuries.

Cenzhin

Mar 2, 2018
Calgary
Yes I am human, but what you call bias was merely misevaluation from Seiders AHL year and Brook suffering career ending injuries.
Brook played 2 seasons in the AHL without major injury and was terrible. Still can't admit your homerism. Pretty sad but I applaud your effort.

Cenzhin

Mar 2, 2018
Calgary
He got injured in 2021 and he got surgery done.
He got surgery in September 2021, months after his second terrible season in the AHL ended. Followed that up by getting sent down to the ECHL since he couldn't cut it even in the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad