News Article: McKenzie: Insight on Sabres’ coaching search, Eichel’s ‘TBD’ future

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
It could also be a CYA move. If he moved quickly with a very short list and the hire is Bylsma-esque, the fact that Adams didn't do an exhaustive search would be held against him.

It could also give cover if he has Torts/Brind'Amour at the top of his list and he has to wait to talk to them.

Unless Trotz gets randomly fired, there is not going to be a better candidate available than Boudreau or Gallant.

Bylsma isn't in the same league. He rode the coat tails of better coaches and elite players. Everyone in Pittsburgh warned us about him before the hire and were right. That was a bad hire through more than hindsight

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Unless Trotz gets randomly fired, there is not going to be a better candidate available than Boudreau or Gallant.

Bylsma isn't in the same league. He rode the coat tails of better coaches and elite players. Everyone in Pittsburgh warned us about him before the hire and were right. That was a bad hire through more than hindsight

I would rather have RB’A than BB or GG.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Garbage article written by a Rangers fan for Rangers fans. I think this is the trash that is fueling the ideology of the idiots in the trade forum. You trade Eichel for a package of futures it better be excessive. Strome, Kravstov, Lundkvist/Schneider, and a 1st in a below average draft is truly an insulting offer.

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
Even Maple Leaf and Canadiens fans recognize that you have to give to get with Eichel.

I'm not sure why the Rangers fan base is largely so uniquely clueless about this fact.
TSN had him ranked as a top 6 player in the league (ahead of Matthews im pretty sure) in there pre season top 50 players, how quickly people just forget and turn on Eichel.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Even Maple Leaf and Canadiens fans recognize that you have to give to get with Eichel.

I'm not sure why the Rangers fan base is largely so uniquely clueless about this fact.
They personify the shitty arrogant and entitled Nooo Yawk sports fan who think the world revolves around them and their overrated dump of a city.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY

It's based on a track record of robbing other teams in trades and using the draw of NYC to land free agents. They robbed Ottawa in the Zibanejad trade. Fox forced his way out of Carolina and they got him for peanuts. They won the Panarin sweepstakes. They are the equivalent of a bunch of trust fund kids that have never had to endure hardship and are used to having everything handed to them.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
On Adams:
Adams planning to do a massive coaching search covering the NHL, AHL, college hockey and juniors makes me think that he has no idea who he wants or who the top candidates are. Probably due to being so inexperienced..

You’d think he’d at least have a short list of candidates that meet the criteria he’s looking for and plays the style he wants. But I guess he never really got a chance to put something like that together because he never spent any time in an NHL front office where he’d have a need for something like that (for potential AGM/GM interviews).
He's spent his whole life in hockey. All the people he knows in life are hockey people. I'd be more worried about his negotiating / salesmanship prowess than his ability to know / contact / vet coaching candidates.

On the bullshit Eichel trade proposal:

That's a horrible proposal
I'd be offended to be traded for that package.

Garbage article written by a Rangers fan for Rangers fans. I think this is the trash that is fueling the ideology of the idiots in the trade forum. You trade Eichel for a package of futures it better be excessive. Strome, Kravstov, Lundkvist/Schneider, and a 1st in a below average draft is truly an insulting offer.
Strome wasn't even specified initially. Speculated that he could be "the" roster player to make the deal work. And Lundqvist / Schneider were both explicitly excluded from the deal.

So it's a RW signed for 1 more year, and a RW prospect, a #3 or lower d-prospect and a 1st rounder in a weak draft. That is even more insulting that the insult you initially read it to be.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Strome wasn't even specified initially. Speculated that he could be "the" roster player to make the deal work. And Lundqvist / Schneider were both explicitly excluded from the deal.

So it's a RW signed for 1 more year, and a RW prospect, a #3 or lower d-prospect and a 1st rounder in a weak draft. That is even more insulting that the insult you initially read it to be.
Wow. I completely mis-read that. I don't see how someone can call that a "reasonable offer" and act like they have any sort of credibility after that. :help:

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

You could thank the media for that and the “dire” situation narrative that they have painted that has fans not usually in the know of the circumstances thinking it’s at a point of irreconcilable differences when it’s not close to that. Because they think it is they are offering packages that would represent that.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
The Rangers have landed a lot of stars in the past. But very few in their prime. The package the Rangers offered probably set them up to contend through adding Eichel.

An Eichel trade needs to hurt the gaining organization for it to be realistic. Ryan Strome and some maybes isn’t going to do it.

Rangers fans are a bit delusional.

Deleted member 331730

what kind of ridiculous offer is that?!?!
the rangers want a star player, a top 5 center if healthy, but they don't want to give anything for it. zibaneyad, kaako and 1st 2021 would be a basic requirement.
then another 1a prospect of their choice.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Eichel needs to go to the Kings period. No other team has the reasonable guys necessary for a trade.

NYR could knock my socks off with guys but their fan base and discussing trades with them just makes me soured on the entire possibility.

Minny could make me pull the trigger but they don't have the higher end prospects as the aforementioned.

Ottawa hypothetically could but the guys we'd require...Brady and/or Chabot are off limits and rightfully so.

Habs fans are simply out to lunch they can't beat these other teams.

Or we just keep our franchise player. That is the easy choice yeah?

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
They personify the shitty arrogant and entitled Nooo Yawk sports fan who think the world revolves around them and their overrated dump of a city.

Me being from the UK this might seem weird - but I've always had a strong disliking of NY's sports teams - especially the Rangers. More so than the Leafs or Bruins for example.

I guess it was mainly their attempts to buy success in the pre-cap era. The Bobby Holik contract was one of the worst ever.

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
Eichel needs to go to the Kings period. No other team has the reasonable guys necessary for a trade.

NYR could knock my socks off with guys but their fan base and discussing trades with them just makes me soured on the entire possibility.

Minny could make me pull the trigger but they don't have the higher end prospects as the aforementioned.

Ottawa hypothetically could but the guys we'd require...Brady and/or Chabot are off limits and rightfully so.

Habs fans are simply out to lunch they can't beat these other teams.

Or we just keep our franchise player. That is the easy choice yeah?

I want to trade with Anaheim. Give me Zegras, Comtois. and their 1st.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad