McKeen's November Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boondock Saint

Mar 6, 2003
Leafaholix said:
QMJHL goalie stats mean squat.

Marc-Andre Fleury had a 3.36 GAA and a .910 Save% and he went #1 overall in 2003. Roberto Luongo's career GAA was 3.30, Jose Theodore's was 3.53, Brodeur's was 3.54, and Patrick Roy's career GAA was 5.32. Marc Denis had a 3.48 GAA his draft year, and he went in the first round. JS Giguere, 3.53.

All great French-Canadian goalies, all had "bad" numbers.

OK, well then that makes Chicoutimi's Alexandre Vincent's numbers all the more incredible.

Vincent, Alexandre 8 - 3 - 1 2.61 0.920

Levasseur, Jean-Philippe 4 - 5 - 1 3.56 0.891

The Q is a vastly different league than it was even five years ago.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Boondock Saint said:
OK, well then that makes Chicoutimi's Alexandre Vincent's numbers all the more incredible.

Vincent, Alexandre 8 - 3 - 1 2.61 0.920

Levasseur, Jean-Philippe 4 - 5 - 1 3.56 0.891

The Q is a vastly different league than it was even five years ago.

And don't forget that the Sags have one of the worst defense in the league. The team is all about offense and Alexandre Vincent.

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
Leafaholix said:
That's true, but numbers in the QMJHL are still not a representation of the goaltenders coming out of Quebec.

agree ! you can't compare Qmjhl number with Whl number for exemple ... but I think you can compare the nomber when they're on the same league, you just have to compare with the team. Exemple, like another said, Alex Vincent number are way better than JP Levasseur number, Chicoutimi is better overall so Vincen could have more win, but do the Sags defense is better than the Huskies ? certainly not. It's why I think Vincent is behind Levasseur RIGHT NOW, but the season just start... Levasseur has alot of time to put it togheter.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Seachd said:
Top 15:

1) Sidney Crosby
2) Gilbert Brule
3) Guillaume Latendresse
4) Jack Johnson
5) Benoit Pouliot
6) Jakub Kindl
7) Dan Bertram
8) Jean-Philippe Levasseur
9) Ryan O'Marra
10) Bobby Ryan
11) Tuukka Rask
12) Chris Durand
13) Jean-Philippe Paquet
14) Carey Price
15) Teemu Laakso

http://mckeenshockey.rivals.com/default.asp?lin=1

Is Drazenovic in the Top 60?

How about Bradford, Setoguchi and Mikkelson?

I believe Chris Durand could move up the ranking a bit by the end of the year. He's just back from an early injury to the year.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Lord said:
Where are Ilya Zubov and Genady Churilov?

#23 and #32 respectively. Churilov was featured in the free-falling category due to his penchant to play on the periphery (say that three times fast) in the Q thus far. But they acknowledged it's still early. But really, one goal thus far doesn't cut it, so his fall is not unexpected.

Jungle Boy

Feb 12, 2003
Recife, Brazil
Balej's Dance said:
I dont know where Kopitar is, but that brought me to thinking of Denmark's Morten Madsen for some reason. Madsen plays for Frolunda in the J20 league that Kopitar play in.

Madsens Stats: 11 GP 4 G 8 A 12 Points 2 PIM

Kopitars Stats: 12 GP 11 G 4 A 15 Points 8 PIM
Madsen is playing in a great Frolunda team, they´re just dominating, other Frolunda player that is having a nice start so far is Sebastian Karlsson

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Leafaholix said:
Why so surprised?

We see it almost every draft.

I just think he's being severely overlooked here despite one mediocre tournament. He'll be the next Babchuk or Tyutin in terms of falling and teams regretting picking him up.

SpaceGhost79

Mar 8, 2002
pavel datsyuk said:
correct, although postman led me to believe that he was right in thinking kessel will choose Minnesota. His friends all play there.

Kessel's still kind of a toss up. Most feel it's between Minnesota and Michigan. There was an article the other day in the Wisconsin State Journal in which they asked Kessel's father about Phil's official visit to Wisconsin and his answer was something along the lines of, "I think it went fine." Maybe everyone's reading too much into it, but his dad didn't sound too enthusiastic by any means.

As for Jack Johnson, he committed to Michigan when he was 15 years old, I believe. He was the first '87 born prospect to verbally commit to college and basically started the whole trend of kids committing earlier and earlier. I think college coaches can't contact recruits until they're like a junior in high school (someone will correct me if I'm wrong on that), but Johnson worked around that rule by contacting them. There's nothing that says recruits can't contact the coaches, and that pretty much opened the door for everyone else.

Michigan's going to have a helluva class coming in next fall with Johnson and Cogliano, and if they can get Kessel that would be the icing on the cake!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad