McKeen's November Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-SHARKIE

Solid list, but Zagrapan and Bourett should be higher...Good list threw & threw.

It's good to see Johnson get some good rep though.... And Jack Skille who has been my dorkhorse pick of the draft is in there top 30!!! :) My boy Alexandre Vincent is getting the recognition he deserves, Ryan O'Marra another one of my favorites is in the top 10 :) That's a good call, but other then that this list is confusing.

Marek Zagrapan amazed the hell out of me when I saw him early this year and his numbers have been great...He has to be higher then 25!!

Why? is Alex Bourret scratching for a spot in the top 30 at #29?

Overall this list confuses me. I saw Harvard play the U-18 team and Ryan Stoa was very impressive.... but is it to quick to jump on his bandwagon?

Last edited:

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
X-SHARKIE said:
How the hell is Alex Bourret scratching for a spot in the top 30 at #29?
It could be his size. They have him at 5'10", although I've seen him listed as tall as 6'1". Anyone have a better idea?

leafaholix*

Seachd said:
It could be his size. They have him at 5'10", although I've seen him listed as tall as 6'1". Anyone have a better idea?
Conditioning?

I read he was like 5'10, 210+ pounds?

TMHUNH

Feb 27, 2003
NH
Visit site
Did anyone else notice the lack of goalies in the top 100?

There was like 4 in the top 20, then Mior in the 40s and then no goalies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Anyone know what college Jack Johnson is committed to? Or which ones he might be looking at?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Jacobv2 said:
Anyone know what college Jack Johnson is committed to? Or which ones he might be looking at?

The usual suspects: North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Boston College, and Boston University. I believe Michigan (or is it Minnesota) is the favorite.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
Jungle Boy said:
Where´s Anze Kopitar

I dont know where Kopitar is, but that brought me to thinking of Denmark's Morten Madsen for some reason. Madsen plays for Frolunda in the J20 league that Kopitar play in.

Madsens Stats: 11 GP 4 G 8 A 12 Points 2 PIM

Kopitars Stats: 12 GP 11 G 4 A 15 Points 8 PIM

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Balej's Dance said:
I dont know where Kopitar is, but that brought me to thinking of Denmark's Morten Madsen for some reason. Madsen plays for Frolunda in the J20 league that Kopitar play in.

Madsens Stats: 11 GP 4 G 8 A 12 Points 2 PIM

Kopitars Stats: 12 GP 11 G 4 A 15 Points 8 PIM
And McKeen's has Madsen 15 spots ahead of Kopitar.

Boondock Saint

Mar 6, 2003
As of right now, I don't see Levasseur as the top goalie in this draft at all.

How long til his poor numbers make everyone forget the hype about this kid??

leafaholix*

Boondock Saint said:
As of right now, I don't see Levasseur as the top goalie in this draft at all.

How long til his poor numbers make everyone forget the hype about this kid??
QMJHL goalie stats mean squat.

Marc-Andre Fleury had a 3.36 GAA and a .910 Save% and he went #1 overall in 2003. Roberto Luongo's career GAA was 3.30, Jose Theodore's was 3.53, Brodeur's was 3.54, and Patrick Roy's career GAA was 5.32. Marc Denis had a 3.48 GAA his draft year, and he went in the first round. JS Giguere, 3.53.

All great French-Canadian goalies, all had "bad" numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
Leafaholix said:
QMJHL goalie stats mean squat.

Marc-Andre Fleury had a 3.36 GAA and a .910 Save% and he went #1 overall in 2003. Roberto Luongo's career GAA was 3.30, Jose Theodore's was 3.53, Brodeur's was 3.54, and Patrick Roy's career GAA was 5.32. Marc Denis had a 3.48 GAA his draft year, and he went in the first round. JS Giguere, 3.53.

All great French-Canadian goalies, all had "bad" numbers.

I have to disagree with you, the Q isn't a high scoring league anymore, this years more goals have been score in the OHL than in the Q ... Only Fleury's stat could serve as comparaison, and si 910 save % was on of the best of the league at the time and he was on a poor team. Levasseur play on a good team and maybee 20 goalies in the league have better stat, including Alexandre Vincent who play for one of the most offensive team of the league.

Five year ago a 905 save % was pretty impressive, this year it's only ok !

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
Marek Zagrapan amazed the hell out of me when I saw him early this year and his numbers have been great...He has to be higher then 25!!

Agree, I've see him against Quebec at the Colisée Pepsi, he was name the game first start with 2 goals in the 4-2 Chicoutimi wins, he was the most explosive player on the ice, shift a couple of guys one on one and was the most creative player on the PP. To me he's already better than Radulov and Hennesey. Can't see him sleep out of the top15.

leafaholix*

reffree said:
I have to disagree with you, the Q isn't a high scoring league anymore, this years more goals have been score in the OHL than in the Q ... Only Fleury's stat could serve as comparaison, and si 910 save % was on of the best of the league at the time and he was on a poor team. Levasseur play on a good team and maybee 20 goalies in the league have better stat, including Alexandre Vincent who play for one of the most offensive team of the league.

Five year ago a 905 save % was pretty impressive, this year it's only ok !
That's true, but numbers in the QMJHL are still not a representation of the goaltenders coming out of Quebec.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Leafaholix said:
That's true, but numbers in the QMJHL are still not a representation of the goaltenders coming out of Quebec.

Agreed. The best goalies will always be from Quebec. Always. The only nation I can see challenging Quebec is Finland... but again, this is a country, not a province.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
Kryoptix said:
anobody think like me that bourret look like morrow as a hockey player...
:dunno: :banana:

Thats actually probably a damn good comparison. He's not that tall at 5'10", but stocky just like Morrow at 204 lbs. Although, Bourret might have more offensive flair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->