TSN: McGuire: I'd be open to the President's position in Montreal

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
Considering he lost the GM position to Bergevin, I can't see him being placed in a position that the GM reports to regardless of how good (or not) that he'd be at that position. It would be a bit awkward and MB seems to have enough support from Molson that he wouldn't be placed in that postion. Maybe down the road if Bergevin ever gets fired.

In the short term if there's a President, it would be a suitable foxhole partner for MB.

if PM was hired, his first task would be to fire and replace MB.....so they wouldn't be working together anyway

SlyIslands

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Mcguire's Tenure A Bad Situation

I know it was a long time ago, and he's probably changed since then...still, this kind of stuff stays with you and perhaps offers a glimpse into why McGuire hasn't found himself back into hockey ops in some capacity.

The article mention kids that should play like Robert Petrovicky and Robert Smyth. Can you really blame him for not using terrible players?

DaNaultinus

The Human Fund Donor
Mar 25, 2013
Earlier in the day Francois Gagnon was talking with 690 about possibilities for GM and President for the Habs. He suggested that Mcguire would be a good guy for President. Just wanted to point out it wasn't his own suggestion :laugh:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
The article mention kids that should play like Robert Petrovicky and Robert Smyth. Can you really blame him for not using terrible players?
that's not the only thing that article mentions

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Probably the most spread around piece of misinformation on these boards. McGuire said he would ask that if he were Edmonton. He actually went back on with Mitch and replayed the audio of his words and re-explained what he said because he was wrongfully getting roasted for it.

That said, if we are going to hire a president, then hire someone with a better resume. He's been an analyst forever, not a President.
Okay, we'll skip that then.

Either way, still a clown and still want nothing to do with this guy.

JSR 56

Dec 18, 2017
Montreal
Why? So he can tell us where the best tapioca pudding is in Lulea, Sweden? All he knows are names of college coaches and tidbits about small European cities.
i wouldnt hire him to be gm. as president, i feel he will make people accountable. not to mention if you need contacts and/or info he is knowledgeable.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
You want to have confident people in your hockey operations and certainly in your President, GM , coach etc.

But there is a difference between having confidence and an ego so beyond that it is detrimental to your decision making. I fear MB is afflicted by this and I certainly dont want anybody else added to this organization with that problem. Seems clear Pierre has this issue,

Sure, 2 guys like this would be at logger heads and come close to blows, and the media would have great fun. We dont need anymore crap than we have now.

So no.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
The most cringe worthy analyst as President....No thanks.

QPYSTg4.gif

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I don't get the hate for Pierre, I'd vote to have him in the organization any day.
For what reason?

Because he's propped up on the radio every day with questions that are positioned in a way that he can never be wrong?

habsfan92

Jun 5, 2005
winnipeg
Mr. Hindsight. I can look at the past & tell you what shouldn't have been done. So, I am also throwing my hat into the ring.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
I think Pierre would have some of the same issues as Patrick Roy.

They’d want to be FAR more involved in the hockey ops than they’re supposed to be as presidents.

Reactions: nhlfan9191

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad