• Connor McDavid

Votes: 168 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
You’d take an 18 year old Crosby over an 18 year old McDavid? Interesting.

I’d rate McDavid ahead of Crosby. He’s behind Gretzky for me but on par with Lemieux.

I guess I’m

1. Gretzky
2. Mcdavid
2b. Mario
4. Crosby
5. We can put Bonk here.

And yes. I saw all of them play when they were in the NHL.
You might have seen them but you didn’t watch them because there’s no way McDavid is on Lemieuxs level. None.

Isn’t there a goal somewhere where Lemieux is piggybacking an entire pairing and still scores?

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
McDavid 2nd? GOod grief

Sid is better than McDavid at the same age...all day long.
McDavid MIGHT surpass Crosby by the time his career is over, but he has yet to do that.

Both are better than Lindros though

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
McDavid MIGHT surpass Crosby by the time his career is over, but he has yet to do that.

100% truth but I I have a hard time thinking GM’s would take either over Lindros if all three came out the same draft year.

Crosby is starting to get under rated for everything he’s already accomplished and it’s a damn shame.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Is it too bias for me to say Lindros played against better top-end goalies, scorers, and defensemen?

It probably is I guess.

yeaher

May 3, 2019
McDavid over Lindros. But saying McDavid over Lemieux is ridiculous; I'd take 22 Lindroses and one Lemieux and feel comfortable as f*** about the series v 23 McDavids.

Reactions: Cubs2024WSChamps

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
100% truth but I I have a hard time thinking GM’s would take either over Lindros if all three came out the same draft year.

Crosby is starting to get under rated for everything he’s already accomplished and it’s a damn shame.
Lindros adjusted for this era with the innovations in training, nutrition and equipment, likely would make it a hard argument

bishop12

Ovyously
Dec 1, 2006

for sure....

Sid never reached a level that 2022 playoffs McDavid reached.

McDavid is better individually than Crosby ever was.
Of course he has....

And no, McDavid isn't as good as Sid was at his peak. Sid has won everything there is to win and has been at the fore fornt of it all.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Lindros adjusted for this era with the innovations in training, nutrition and equipment, likely would make it a hard argument
That’s why it’s so hard to do a “who’s better” considering the advancements of everything around the game when your using McDavid as one of the players against someone from a different era.

You can say McDavid would thrive in the 90’s because nobody could catch him….but somebody would have, and it probably would have been considered assault today. You cannot underestimate that during the 80’s and 90’s teams had hired thugs on the ice. I’m sorry guys, Geno Odjick is buying a ticket to get into an arena in this day and age if he came out in the draft.

But also, take into account Lindros was done at the age of 29. He had seasons after, but he was done. Lindros age 19 to 25 is one of the most physically dominating guys ever.

Still not close to Lemieux tho.

Reactions: Three On Zero

OilWagon

Jul 20, 2019
Edmonton
That’s why it’s so hard to do a “who’s better” considering the advancements of everything around the game when your using McDavid as one of the players against someone from a different era.

You can say McDavid would thrive in the 90’s because nobody could catch him….but somebody would have, and it probably would have been considered assault today. You cannot underestimate that during the 80’s and 90’s teams had hired thugs on the ice. I’m sorry guys, Geno Odjick is buying a ticket to get into an arena in this day and age if he came out in the draft.

But also, take into account Lindros was done at the age of 29. He had seasons after, but he was done. Lindros age 19 to 25 is one of the most physically dominating guys ever.

Still not close to Lemieux tho.
Wayne Gretzky was a twig with no muscle and he was able to play over 20 seasons in that rough era before he broke down. People in this thread acting like Mcdavid is frail or something, he's a big boy and strong on his feet, generally he avoids hits but when people make contact he's able to play through it.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Wayne Gretzky was a twig with no muscle and he was able to play over 20 seasons in that rough era before he broke down. People in this thread acting like Mcdavid is frail or something, he's a big boy and strong on his feet, generally he avoids hits but when people make contact he's able to play through it.
If you are trying to compare McDavid to Gretzky, please don’t.

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
You cannot underestimate that during the 80’s and 90’s teams had hired thugs on the ice. I’m sorry guys, Geno Odjick is buying a ticket to get into an arena in this day and age if he came out in the draft.
Absolutely true, but that's a double edged sword.

The worst dude in the league today is a much better overall hockey player than the worst player in the mid 90s. the skill gap between best player on earth and out of the league is just narrower than it was 25 years ago.

tabness

be a playa
Apr 4, 2014
Lindros easily

McDavid probably the best player since Lindros though (at least in terms of peak play) and in this league with this style of play you take McDavid (but this league and this style of play sucks and is soft so)

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Lindros was so much more than just points and imagine him playing around 78-82 games each season.

Lindros was sitting in the penalty box a lot too. You can’t put up points from there either.

Its close but a prime healthy Lindros with today’s advancements would be better and more fearful.

Harry Waters

Oct 19, 2012
What's with all the "Lindros would be better in the clutch-and-grab era"-comments? We are talking about the Lindros who played in that era and was not consistently on top. Why is he getting the benefit of doubt during the era he played in?

It is not like there were only 6'4 230 pound-monsters playing then. There were the Sakics, Bures and Kariyas as well. And multiple players performed better than Lindros.

It is somewhat strange to say that McDavid wouldn't survive this era when Lindros was the guy who didn't survive this era but somehow this argument goes against McDavid. That's some mental gymnastics right there.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
It is not like there were only 6'4 230 pound-monsters playing then. There were the Sakics, Bures and Kariyas as well. And multiple players performed better than Lindros.

PPG he was at the top of the list each season between 93 and 99. Dealing with injuries, Lemieux, Gretzky, Jagr & Stevens.

Ranked; 3, 1, 3, 2, 4, 4

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Mcdavid will never be on par with Lemieux. mcdavid will never be the goal scorer Lemieux was…ever. Playmaking similar. While mcdavid has the speed, Lemieux had the strength. Go YouTube “Lemieux scores breakaway with guy on his back”. Mcdavid is never scoring a goal like that.
Yes, McDavid will never score a goal like that because he skates away from the guy rather than letting him hang onto him. Why does that matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad