Pre-Game Talk: McDavid v Crosby

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Last year he seemed to play better after he was hit, instead of surgery he flew to help the u18 win gold.
He lives and breaths hockey.

I'm sure when they ask him if he's ready he'll say yeah.

That will endear him even more to us western Canadians. We like our players tough, but if he can't skate and play the way he can let Slepyshev or Beck play.

If Pulju can play through the pain and allow his mind to overcome the pain, he's got my respect. I understand the body dominating the brains thoughts with pain, having the mental strength to fight on shows character.

There is a big difference between pain and injury though. If Pulju is injured, sit it out. If he's suffering through pain and can mentally fight on, he's more than earned my respect.

The Oilers have to force them to dump the puck in and wear them down physically. Hits, hits, hits.

They aren't going to do that though. Between Letang and Daley, their d-core has two excellent stretch passes that will have them in our end of the ice every time they have possession. I think Benning and Gryba are gonna get walked repeatedly.

This isn't the Penguins of Dan Bylsma. They don't dump and chase.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Mains prediction thread has it at 0-18 favouring the Pens right now.

Best spot to be. Broke nobody without a name and something to prove with zero fear of defeat.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Mains prediction thread has it at 0-18 favouring the Pens right now.

Best spot to be. Broke nobody without a name and something to prove with zero fear of defeat.

Good time for vcash incoming. But not from me and my silly superstitions of course.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
This is such a weird game, this group does well as disrespected underdogs.

I'm intrigued how they approach this game.

Kerricthebig

Jovial Imbecile
Nov 9, 2011
They aren't going to do that though. Between Letang and Daley, their d-core has two excellent stretch passes that will have them in our end of the ice every time they have possession. I think Benning and Gryba are gonna get walked repeatedly.

This isn't the Penguins of Dan Bylsma. They don't dump and chase.

Very possible. The question will be regarding whether their partner or a centerman is able and there to back them up.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Good time for vcash incoming. But not from me and my silly superstitions of course.

We're better as underdogs, we suck as favourites.

We literally have zero respect and everyone thinks we're losers. I kind of feel comfortable here coming into a fight.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
The game is already over, we might as well not even show up.

We ought to just tuck our tails and take what is coming to us. Fighting back is useless, they are better and tougher than us. They can bully us and push around like we are children.

No point fighting here lads.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
The game is already over, we might as well not even show up.

We ought to just tuck our tails and take what is coming to us. Fighting back is useless, they are better and tougher than us. They can bully us and push around like we are children.

No point fighting here lads.

get off the mains :laugh:

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
get off the mains :laugh:

Didn't read that literally did you friend?

You know me, I want a fight. Read it as a stubborn Scotsman defiant wanting war.

For the lads who need visual/audio motivation. Get on this level of savagery, we have a battle ahead:

Esko

Sep 23, 2015
Something something big test something something.

In all seriousness will be interesting to see the matchups tonight, hoping for a solid effort/tight game.

Wewillrise

Jul 25, 2015
All teams raise their game against which ever team is the reigning SC champs. Be sure to see the Oilers have a good effort tonight. It's not as bleak as some are making it out to be. It's hockey and a few lucky bounces can win the game for either side. If the D and wingers can limit their turnovers in their own zone they will win. Just like every other game.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
why are you so if upset people think Pens will win.
Are they wrong?
Pens are red hot, Crosby is red hot, Malkin is redhot, Letang/Murray very good. They are playing at home.
Other hand, this is our 5th road in 8 nights.
Odds are in their favour, I hope we win but won't be mad if we don't. I just want compete level to be high.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
why are you so if upset people think Pens will win.
Are they wrong?
Pens are red hot, Crosby is red hot, Malkin is redhot, Letang/Murray very good. They are playing at home.
Other hand, this is our 5th road in 8 nights.
Odds are in their favour, I hope we win but won't be mad if we don't. I just want compete level to be high.

Of course they're the favourite. They are the defending Stanley Cup champs.

If we lose, we lose. No one is freaking out. That makes us scary and worth building on.

The man with his back against the wall and nothing to lose is dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad