Injury Report: McDavid out 1-2 weeks

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Disaster of a season just got worse, way worse. Hard to find a silver lining here. Maybe the team bands together and shows they can be a contender without McDavid. McDavid comes back to a much better team than he left and the teams goes on a Cinderella type run. But that’s huge maybe, especially with how the team has played to start the year.

Alternatively and more realistically this team sinks hard. The season becomes a complete throw away. All the good will and positivity from the last two contender worthy seasons get forgotten and this signals the beginning of the end for the McDrai era.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
This is insane

Holland is a clown

Years of overpays and slight overpays up and down the roster have caught up to Holland in a huge way. Can’t really blame it on flat cap either, there’s plenty of contenders that were able to add this off season and get better.

Ah-HAH! I KNEW he looked off after that play in Philly and the entire Jets game.

Internet Dr of Medicine degree comes through again - thank you very much!

Not the first time Kane has collided with McDavid. Lots of scary moments in Kane’s 1st year as well. I don’t want to blame Kane, but his head is up his ass far too often.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Obviously horrible news, but I wonder if this isn’t something that was already bothering McDavid to start the season, because he’s looked off a bit every game so far. So I’ll play blind optimist and hope that this is a chance to shut down for a week or two and have it heal properly.

And I’ll double down on the blind optimism and hope that a lot of players answer the call. From the start of training camp I’ve wanted Woody to try a line of Holloway-Drai-Kane. I hope that happens now.

Holloway-Drai-Kane
Foegele-Nuge-Hyman
Janmark-McLeod-Brown

Not great, but still better than a bunch of teams….but an excellent chance for guys to take a step up.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Years of overpays and slight overpays up and down the roster have caught up to Holland in a huge way. Can’t really blame it on flat cap either, there’s plenty of contenders that were able to add this off season and get better.

Not the first time Kane has collided with McDavid. Lots of scary moments in Kane’s 1st year as well. I don’t want to blame Kane, but his head is up his ass far too often.
Still paying almost 2 mil for James Neal's buyout, by the way.

kim-pine-shoot.gif

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Sounds weird to say but this might be the best thing to happen to the TEAM. Often times they stand around and watch McDavid skate hoping for him to bail them out. This will give them an opportunity to play more as a TEAM and more guys an opportunity to pitch in. Of course long term they need McDavid but short term this could give them a boost and band them together, OR, they'll just continue to go through the motions and dig a bigger hole.

Agreed. And regarding the bolded, they might have continued to do that with him in the lineup anyway

VanCanFanEDM

Mar 22, 2004
Edmonton

This will be worse next year possibly with Browns hit?

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

$25,000,000 Katz will end up paying Holland for his 5 seasons ending this year. The Oilers OBC and Hockey Canada bros club have milked Katz so damn hard for results that could probably have been reproduced or even done better by just drafting using public scouting rankings and having public polls decide what players to acquire.

I swear all these scammers in Katz's ear (Lowe, Tambo, Bobby Burgers, Katz, Chia, MacT, Coffey, Gretzky, Messier, etc... and all their friends family Katz also let be put on the payroll) have probably milked over $100M from him in the last decade and a half. For almost nothing, except from 1st OA picks from failing. For league worst management almost the entire time.

Last edited:

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
$25,000,000 Katz will end up paying Holland for his 5 seasons ending this year. The Oilers OBC and Hockey Canada bros club have milked Katz so damn hard for results that could probably have been reproduced or even done better by just drafting using public scouting rankings and having public polls decide what players to acquire.

I swear all these scammers in Katz's ear (Lowe, Tambo, Bobby Burgers, Katz, Chia, MacT, Coffey, Gretzky, Messier, etc... and all their friends family Katz also let be put on the payroll) have probably milked over $100M from him in the last decade and a half. For almost nothing, except from 1st OA picks from failing. For league worst management almost the entire time.

So f***in true. I was thinking this the other day actually, wondering if Katz knows/cares how much money he’s wasted paying all these supposed “experts”.

And you make a good point on the publically available scouting rankings. Katz could have just done that and have had the same or better results.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015

Am I misreading his tone, or is there some sort of history or?
And next year, they will have Brown's cap space playing for the entire fourth line!
How does it work? He has to play a certain number of games? Was there a chance he wouldn’t before now or is that money basically guaranteed even if McDavid didn’t miss time on a limited personnel roster?

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
If Brown plays 10 games... he's eligible for the bonus money. It's not performance based at all.

Brown is pretty much guaranteed to get his bonus unless his leg falls off sometime in the next 4 games.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Best player continues to get manhandled all the time with little to no repercussions, finally results in an actual injury, and the league still won't do anything to protect these players. They continue to protect the goons instead. Garbage league.

Get well soon, Connor!

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Best player continues to get manhandled all the time with little to no repercussions, finally results in an actual injury, and the league still won't do anything to protect these players. They continue to protect the goons instead. Garbage league.

Get well soon, Connor!
wat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad