Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

IMG_3925.jpeg

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
Too bad. Hope he heals up in time for the Heritage Classic, but his health is more important than playing in an outdoor game.

Reactions: Mr Positive

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Heaping helping of adversity to start the season of hype and promise. First impression is that it's hard to trust Oiler organization projections of injury time McDavid (or other players) will miss. This is a problem if the league's best player is dry docked for longer.

In the short term, we'll see what this team and its coaching staff is made of. There's a seismic opportunity for Draisaitl, Nugent Hopkins and all of this team's players to step to help this team get its season on track. That might be finally embracing the system's play and goal suppression priority that all have talked about but which has not yet been acted upon. It's character revealing time.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
The thread I didn’t want to see. We started like 10-10 last year, what’s it going to look like after 20 games this year? Hold on.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Using my Internet Degree of Medicine I don’t think the initial injury appeared on this shift. His unusual for him off the mark passing, reluctance to shoot and his normal cheat code shiftiness and extra gear haven’t been there for at least a couple games including this one.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains

Using my Internet Degree of Medicine I don’t think the initial injury appeared on this shift. His unusual for him off the mark passing, reluctance to shoot and his normal cheat code shiftiness and extra gear haven’t been there for at least a couple games including this one.

No if you watch the shift that Morrisey takes him down in the neutral zone for a penalty he gets up and touches that same spot for a second. Thats where the twist happened.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
No if you watch the shift that Morrisey takes him down in the neutral zone for a penalty he gets up and touches that same spot for a second. Thats where the twist happened.

Mmmm I don’t know….he didn’t look right before. Maybe it made what he already was dealing with worse?

Besides don’t forget - I have one of these; :nod:

IMG_3933.jpeg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Could be, maybe but I think a strain happens pretty fast

Heres the play I was talking about, gets twisted up

You’re probably right. I’m just trying to find some humor in this situation before I make my next payment on my seasons tickets….

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015

I agree, he hasn't been McDavid since Pre-season. Actually I think that first game of preseason he had speed, and that was it.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Sounds weird to say but this might be the best thing to happen to the TEAM. Often times they stand around and watch McDavid skate hoping for him to bail them out. This will give them an opportunity to play more as a TEAM and more guys an opportunity to pitch in. Of course long term they need McDavid but short term this could give them a boost and band them together, OR, they'll just continue to go through the motions and dig a bigger hole.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

Same side Kane fell into him on game before too, and he went off awkwardly after that. This blows, but hopefully it is just 1-2 weeks.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Could be, maybe but I think a strain happens pretty fast

Heres the play I was talking about, gets twisted up

Ah-HAH! I KNEW he looked off after that play in Philly and the entire Jets game.

Internet Dr of Medicine degree comes through again - thank you very much!

Reactions: D Wakaluk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad