McDavid + Doughty vs Matthews + Karlsson

Which duo?

• McD + Doughty

• Matthews + Karlsson

Results are only viewable after voting.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Hard choice but i would take Matthews+Karlsson because i think Karlsson is the best player in the league but i fully understand if people think Sid or Mcdavid are better than EK.

Last edited:

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
Karlsson is pretty much equal to McDavid. Matthews has a slight edge in value over Doughty. So I would take AM & EK.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Unpopular opinion, but the Karlson/Doughty gap is bigger than the McDavid/Matthews gap.

Wouldn't even consider that unpopular at all. Karlsson is in a different tier right now. He's essentially a PPG D with good defence. Doughty is a bit better defensively but that doesn't make up for the massive gap offensively. At worst, Matthews is a PPG 2 Way C and that's without Karlsson in this theoretical poll.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Bigger gap between Karlsson and Doughty than Mcdavid and Matthews.

Mcdavid and Doughty : 18pts in 19 combined games
Matthews and Karlsson: 22pts in 15 combined games

Reactions: tacogeoff and TDK88

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
This small streak to start the season has made Matthews more overated than Toews used to be.
Matthews scored more goals and points than Toews when comparing their rookie seasons. Also Toews career high in points for a season is 76 in his 4th season and I bet Matthews beats that a lot faster. If anything Toews is still more overrated because he was able to win 3 Cups with the Blackhawks as their captain, where as Matthews is projecting to become a better player.

Arizonan God

Jan 30, 2010
Toronto
Props on posting that list. Although id disagree with Draisaitl Burns Oel and a couple more. This small streak to start the season has made Matthews more overated than Toews used to be.

You should do some self reflection when your agreeing with an obvious troll.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Same with Edmonton and mcdavid I guess
The difference is the Oilers finally got lucky with a 1st overall pick getting McDavid because they didn't with Hall, Nugent-Hopkins and Yakupov.

Plus if you want to look historically they also had a superstar when they got Gretzky, where as the Leafs never had one of the best players today in the NHL with Matthews.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
As much as I choose Karlsson and Matthews, Matthews is not better than McDavid.

Even with McDavid and the Oilers slow start, he has 10 points in 9 games. He put up 100 points last year. McDavid >>> Matthews

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Interesting.....style wise I think if you flipped the d-men they match better. Of course if you did then I'd take McD + Karlsson for sure.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
The difference is the Oilers finally got lucky with a 1st overall pick getting McDavid because they didn't with Hall, Nugent-Hopkins and Yakupov.

Plus if you want to look historically they also had a superstar when they got Gretzky, where as the Leafs never had one of the best players today in the NHL with Matthews.

imo they have had matthews level players several times.

clark
sundin
sittler
keon
salming
etc

member 88115

Doughty would turn Matthews into a 20 goal scorer if they went head to head

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad