Which duo?

• McD + Doughty

• Matthews + Karlsson

Results are only viewable after voting.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Wouldn't even consider that unpopular at all. Karlsson is in a different tier right now. He's essentially a PPG D with good defence. Doughty is a bit better defensively but that doesn't make up for the massive gap offensively. At worst, Matthews is a PPG 2 Way C and that's without Karlsson in this theoretical poll.

You're underselling Doughty's defense, though I'll agree with you that the everlasting conversation is the one about the point gap offsetting it. But even last year the Kings were the best defensive team in the league with Doughty on the ice, merely 17th with him off, and that's in a season where no one wanted to talk about him. This year, he's got 8 points in 10 games, leading the league with a +11 and has an absurd GF% of 70, while facing the toughest competition and toughest zone starts on the Kings while playing with Derek Forbort (not Muzzin as people like to cite).

Are we going to stop this meme that Doughty is some scrub, or are people just still that upset/bitter about the 2016 Norris? He's a f***ing gamechanger that's being punished for not being flashy enough and for upsetting people over a trophy they can't stop complaining about.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
You're underselling Doughty's defense, though I'll agree with you that the everlasting conversation is the one about the point gap offsetting it. But even last year the Kings were the best defensive team in the league with Doughty on the ice, merely 17th with him off, and that's in a season where no one wanted to talk about him. This year, he's got 8 points in 10 games, leading the league with a +11 and has an absurd GF% of 70, while facing the toughest competition and toughest zone starts on the Kings while playing with Derek Forbort (not Muzzin as people like to cite).

Are we going to stop this meme that Doughty is some scrub, or are people just still that upset/bitter about the 2016 Norris? He's a ****ing gamechanger that's being punished for not being flashy enough and for upsetting people over a trophy they can't stop complaining about.

RJ, my point wasn't to discredit him at all. He's far and away the second best D in the league for me (better than Hedman currently). I would take him on the Leafs faster than you could say the word "sign". It was merely a comparative point for the poll and considering the stipulations here, the two forwards also happen to offensively minded and Karlsson has a bigger effect on that, hence why I think the gap is a lot larger here for his impact on Matthews, rather than Doughty on McDavid.

Reactions: CHIRAQREPDAT

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
RJ, my point wasn't to discredit him at all. He's far and away the second best D in the league for me (better than Hedman currently). I would take him on the Leafs faster than you could say the word "sign". It was merely a comparative point for the poll and considering the stipulations here, the two forwards also happen to offensively minded and Karlsson has a bigger effect on that, hence why I think the gap is a lot larger here for his impact on Matthews, rather than Doughty on McDavid.

Second part wasn't at you specifically. It's just part of the larger overreaction narrative. The AINEC stuff gets tiresome. But for sake of the poll I don't disagree in general, I think in this particular case the (past) offensive difference between EK and Doughty is a big deal, though I also wonder aloud what we're actually gonna see in the end from Doughty this year points-wise given he's already visibly looser with the new system.

Reactions: Apotheosis

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
I don't get it.

McDavid -> Matthews
Doughty -> Karlsson

and also

McDavid -> Karlsson
Doughty -> Matthews

How do I have to spin it to end up picking AM34/EK65?
I don't necessarily agree with Doughty > Karlsson, and I won't compare forwards to D, but the rest is correct. I do feel however, that Doughty is getting severely under rated on these boards.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
McDavid>Matthews
karlsson>doughty

wow good question. homer vote for auston but this is too close to call

Cotton

May 13, 2013
McDavid > Matthews
Karlsson >= Doughty

McDavid-Doughty wins

Well no, they're losing actually. And considering the way thing are as of right now it's not difficult to see why.

McDavid/Doughty 21gp 19pts vs. Matthews/Karlsson 17gp 24pts

And even if Drew is better than Erik defensively so to is Auston over Connor. Forgetting the past and looking at just this season so far it's:

Matthews>McDavid
Karlsson=>Doughty.

This is were you bring up Connor's last season, ignoring what is for what was.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00