Post-Game Talk: McDavid 5 - Toronto 2 but Leafs defeat Oilers in Matthews bowl (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
Was there any word on Leivo?

One of my favorite prospects and he's started to play a real solid game. Would be a real shame if he is gone long term.

RLF

May 5, 2014
Pretty entertaining AHL game. I could easily see Mcdavid, Eberle and that Rielly kid one day making it to the big clubs.:sarcasm:

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I will honestly never get over the fact that our ball was about to drop in but at the last second, Edmonton's pushed ours out. That's a curse right there.
I also can not get over that fact. Personally I thought losing Game 7 to Boston the way they did was hard, however I eventually got over it. Although after finding out that they were that close to getting the #1 pick last year is something on a completely different level.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
McDavid will be an Oiler for the next 20 years. Deal with it.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
I remember watching Greening play against us in a Battle of Ontario game, he played like a beast, real power forward type. I would think at 29, playing that style of game, he might be a bit beat up.

If he isn't, might be a serviceable player.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
Is there any reason why the Leafs shouldn't be planning to offer sheet McDavid?

It's highly unlikely McDavid doesn't sign another deal with the Oilers before he hits UFA. And even if he doesn't, the Oilers will match any offer sheet McDavid received.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Question:

In this hypothetical scenario (and not just about McDavid, I heard some fans saying they expect Edmonton to offer sheet Rielly), if a team were to offer sheet McDavid like 4 years 12 million a year, and Edmonton matches it, do they have to match it (obviously they will) and keep with the same term and money? Like the term of the offer sheet becomes what they have to sign him for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad