Post-Game Talk: McDavid 5 - Toronto 2 but Leafs defeat Oilers in Matthews bowl (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
You guys need to get over McDavid...It would actually make sense if we were 3rd overall and Edmonton leaped us from 4th to 1st but it wasn't that way. He was never ours. I'm sure he's plenty happy in Edmonton right now.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
You guys need to get over McDavid...It would actually make sense if we were 3rd overall and Edmonton leaped us from 4th to 1st but it wasn't that way. He was never ours. I'm sure he's plenty happy in Edmonton right now.

Yes, we know. No one is saying otherwise. Everyone accepts he is there for the next 7 years.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario

I will honestly never get over the fact that our ball was about to drop in but at the last second, Edmonton's pushed ours out. That's a curse right there.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Not even upset about McDavid anymore.

What I am upset about is the fact that the Oilers have been such **** for so long that not only did they screw every rebuilding team out of McDavid, but screwed every rebuilding team in general by forcing the NHL to change the lotto rules drastically.

Last place team being able to move down to the fourth spot is a joke. Last year's format was fine, they should have just added a rule where a team can't pick first consecutively or something similar.

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
I'm not upset at the McDavid scandal lol.

"Scandal"

I was, until I read the 7 parter on mapleleafshotstove. I have more confidence in the future of the Leafs vs the Oilers 5 year plan.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Did you guys really use Greening for 4:30 of PP time?

Woah. What happened? I haven't had a chance to check highlights yet... Did you just stick him in front of the net as a screen?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

Woah. What happened? I haven't had a chance to check highlights yet... Did you just stick him in front of the net as a screen?

Look at the lineup we iced tonight. He's not bad but he's overpaid. Almost had a goal, hard hitter.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
I will honestly never get over the fact that our ball was about to drop in but at the last second, Edmonton's pushed ours out. That's a curse right there.

The curse is over , Keon and the leafs made amends . Mathews is a lock .

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
Not even upset about McDavid anymore.

What I am upset about is the fact that the Oilers have been such **** for so long that not only did they screw every rebuilding team out of McDavid, but screwed every rebuilding team in general by forcing the NHL to change the lotto rules drastically.

Last place team being able to move down to the fourth spot is a joke. Last year's format was fine, they should have just added a rule where a team can't pick first consecutively or something similar.

Just wait til they win again this year.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
McDavid 5 - Toronto 2 Oilers defeat Leafs in Mathews bowl (continued)

Old thread is full and this topic will continue on.

Pholus

May 23, 2014

1. Yes
2. You should check out our roster from last night. Injuries really suck when your regular roster is almost an AHL team.
3. Yes, and he almost scored. We were promised a completely useless player and instead got a hard-working, overpaid, borderline NHLer. I feel cheated!!

Pholus

May 23, 2014
Missed the game. Anyone want to give me a list of
+
-
?

+

regulation loss
Leivo and Corrado looked good
Greening may actually be able to play in the NHL

-

Leivo got 'injured' in the 1st period