Waived: McCormick

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I don’t think MacArthur or ceci belong on this list at all. The MacArthur contract was more than fair. The unfortunate result of his health doesn’t make it bad. Cecis was awarded by an arbitrator and it’s only one year.
Right, but bad contracts or wasted money contribute to the situation no matter how it happened or if it even could have been avoided.I didn't mean it in the sense that I'm crapping on anyone or saying they were all bad decisions by management, just that they're part of our collection of money being wasted (or at least getting poor value ie Ceci) at this time imo. Mac was a great signing and he is LTIR with insurance coverage, but we still pay around 20%, same goes for Gaborik even though that was also a shrewd move.

Bottom line is we have a lot of money being spent with poor performance return. Every team has some, but strangely for a budget team that it hurts even more, we seem to have some of the most.

@Xspyrit as well, these were my thoughts with my comment.

Reactions: HF Reader

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Rewarded for solid play in the AHL for the organization.

Nice show for the kid, got some games in in the NHL, could get some spot duty if injuries mount, not a big deal for the team, and very big deal for the man.

These kinds of players are needed in every organization because they fill spots so that rookies that aren't ready don't have to.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Wrong guy got waived. At lest McCormick brings some jam. What exactly does Pyatt bring this year?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
ArtisticOrnateDotterel-small.gif

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
I guess the question is if he clears does he get sent down or stay here like Smith. If sent down it's 11-7 or Paul playing , need all the defensive players we can get.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I guess the question is if he clears does he get sent down or stay here like Smith. If sent down it's 11-7 or Paul playing , need all the defensive players we can get.
This seems like they're just sending him down. Belleville needs bodies, and his salary difference between AHL and NHL is minimal. Not the kind of guy you'd be worried about losing either, worth the risk for sure.

Smith was more of a hail mary, "somebody please take this guy" type thing because of the bad contract.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
This seems like they're just sending him down. Belleville needs bodies, and his salary difference between AHL and NHL is minimal. Not the kind of guy you'd be worried about losing either, worth the risk for sure.

Smith was more of a hail mary, "somebody please take this guy" type thing because of the bad contract.

Oh no, another potential target of ridicule for Max Domi!

Boro and possibly Duchene returning next game. Might put paajarvi back to line 4.

Dzingel Duchene Batherson
Tkachuk White Stone
Boedkker Tierney Ryan
Pyatt/Paul/McCormick Smith Paajarvi

Elliott and Burgdoerfer sent down.

Chabot Harpur
Lajoie Ceci
Boro Jaros
Falk

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
"When".

The word you wanted there was "when", as in "when he clears".

:laugh:
No it wasn't the word I wanted at all, if it was I would have used it! He hasn't cleared yet so if is the correct word no matter what your or anyone elses expectations are.

i can type in italics too .

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Meh ,he should clear...That one way pretty much assures that,also he should help Belleville,and could provide us some depth later on

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Boro and possibly Duchene returning next game. Might put paajarvi back to line 4.

Dzingel Duchene Batherson
Tkachuk White Stone
Boedkker Tierney Ryan
Pyatt/Paul/McCormick Smith Paajarvi

Elliott and Burgdoerfer sent down.

Chabot Harpur
Lajoie Ceci
Boro Jaros
Falk

Two things. I hope Paul keeps his place over Pyatt. Batherson should be sent down and someone else needs to take his place. Balcers? He's been struggling defensively and offensively and I think playing in the AHL will help him out.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00