Confirmed with Link: McBain to Arizona for 2nd round pick

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Early check in on McBain's career so far:

5 games 0 goals, 1 assist, 6 PIM, -7, 24% face-off wins, averaging about 14 minutes a game.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Early check in on McBain's career so far:

5 games 0 goals, 1 assist, 6 PIM, -7, 24% face-off wins, averaging about 14 minutes a game.
Oof.

Those aren't very good numbers. I realize Arizona isn't the greatest team but doesn't seem like he's helping much to improve the situation. Still early in his career but... oof (again).

Goose312

May 15, 2015
He was like 1 for 9 or 1-10 on FOs the other night
He's won 7 of 29 faceoffs in 5 games. Glad we got a 2nd out of him. His sophomore and junior years he didn't even look like a top 3 Wild prospect on BC. No regrets yet.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Not the best start to his pro career, but it's only his first 5 games. He did well enough in his senior year of college to think there may be an NHLer in that body. I personally think he'll be a quality 4th liner, that's worth something (a 2nd round pick, apparently).

I do think he warrants some AHL time, but he chose not to develop there so, by his own choice, it's sink or swim for him.

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Not the best start to his pro career, but it's only his first 5 games. He did well enough in his senior year of college to think there may be an NHLer in that body. I personally think he'll be a quality 4th liner, that's worth something (a 2nd round pick, apparently).

I do think he warrants some AHL time, but he chose not to develop there so, by his own choice, it's sink or swim for him.
Well, the arena that ARI will be playing in is like an AHL rink, so he'll have his cake and eat it, too.

• Haha
Reactions: TaLoN

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
He was like 1 for 9 or 1-10 on FOs the other night
1650931507407.gif

JK2K

Mar 13, 2017
you do realize that Arizona's pk which was 32nd in the league is now clicking at 95% since McBain joined the mix. It also looks as though he's averaging 3.5 hits per game, and over an 82 game schedule that would put him third in the entire league. His TOI on pp is negligible, so he hasn't been used there even though he led the entire NCAA in goals per game and was 4th in points pg. He also missed a full month with an injury prior to playing his first NHL game. FO's are running about 30% but young centers generally need to go to school early to learn from the best. I think he'll be a solid player for Arizona for a lot of years. Trade should work out for both teams.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
you do realize that Arizona's pk which was 32nd in the league is now clicking at 95% since McBain joined the mix. It also looks as though he's averaging 3.5 hits per game, and over an 82 game schedule that would put him third in the entire league. His TOI on pp is negligible, so he hasn't been used there even though he led the entire NCAA in goals per game and was 4th in points pg. He also missed a full month with an injury prior to playing his first NHL game. FO's are running about 30% but young centers generally need to go to school early to learn from the best. I think he'll be a solid player for Arizona for a lot of years. Trade should work out for both teams.
Take it to the ARI board, or the main board. Not here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad