GDT: May 8 • Norway 1, Sweden 5

Oyabun

Dec 29, 2009
Typical Swedish hockey. Up by 4 with 1 minute left and MÃ¥rts uses his time-out.

Now thats class

MÃ¥rts doing his job until the game is over vs. Tollefsen that rams his stick up and between a guys legs. Tit for tat ? :help:

TheNextDaigle

Mar 1, 2013
Tollefsen is a nasty player. I heard he will probably play for the Nashville Predators next season. I guess they like these goons...

Weber is ten times worse. Imagine the outcry if he ever got his hands on a danish or swedish player. :help: And BTW, I am pretty sure you can find at least 1 player on every team that is nastier than Tollefsen.

wwvdw

Dec 22, 2009
Sweden
Typical Swedish hockey. Up by 4 with 1 minute left and MÃ¥rts uses his time-out.

Now thats class

I think being classy wasn't on the top of his mind after Tollefsen decides Järnkork probably doesn't want kids. I can understand Mårts wanting Norway to pay for taking such liberties with another goal.

Besides, the powerplay has been awful. An free training time during a match is very helpful.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
:laugh:

Tollefsen would've destroyed Landeskog, I can't believe what he was thinking about. He definitely shouldn't go there.

The chances of a gloves off fight in an IIHF game is 0.01%. Landeskog doesn't mind a facewash as long as he gives one back.

Wolfy*

Well Norway's play was much better tonight, pp sucks though. Sweden will struggle when it comes to the medals, not impressed.

Norway still has a fair chance to reach a QF. They can certainly pick up points against Belarus and the Czechs, both mediocre so far.

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
I miss Ylven on our team. We are to soft :shakehead We need more grinders at the Olympics.

How about

Skrøder - Thoresen - Holtet
Olimb - Bastiansen - Olimb
Røymark - Forsberg - Dahlstrøm
Ylven - Hansen - Martinsen

cant play like ******* and expect to win games against better opponents. Im a big fan of Thoresen, Tollefsen, Holtet and Røymark. The rest of the guys + coaching staff can rot in hell.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I miss Ylven on our team. We are to soft :shakehead We need more grinders at the Olympics.

How about

Skrøder - Thoresen - Holtet
Olimb - Bastiansen - Olimb
Røymark - Forsberg - Dahlstrøm
Ylven - Hansen - Martinsen

cant play like ******* and expect to win games against better opponents. Im a big fan of Thoresen, Tollefsen, Holtet and Røymark. The rest of the guys + coaching staff can rot in hell.

But what does Hansen do there if you want more grit? I have never seen that guy throw a hit. What about a guy like Forshaug? Some norway poster on these boards told me that he plays like Ryan Kesler. Sounds like a good fit as 4C.

Wolfy*

I miss Ylven on our team. We are to soft

Disagree, there's more than enough grit. They need playmakers, Zuccarello will help them a lot. But the most important is better defense, right now they have no depth.

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
But what does Hansen do there if you want more grit? I have never seen that guy throw a hit. What about a guy like Forshaug? Some norway poster on these boards told me that he plays like Ryan Kesler. Sounds like a good fit as 4C.

He is a good PK and wins alot of faceoffs. U need skill/grinders on all 4 lines.

Wolfy*

Bingo! That is exactly what I mean. Stop pretending Tollefsen is the worst human being on earth.

He must be the worst in this tournament, so bad the Canadian Disciplinary Committee had him suspended before the Canada game...

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
Disagree, there's more than enough grit. They need playmakers, Zuccarello will help them a lot. But the most important is better defense, right now they have no depth.

Zuke is out for good and wont play for the nt anymore. So lets forget him.

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town

Frøshaug is awesome. Big, skilled, nasty etc a perfect fit for our team rly. But we need pk liker Spets, Forsberg, Røymark and Hansen. We got one of the best PK in this whc because of those 4 guys. Still I think Hansen and Spets gets way to much icetime 5 on 5.

Hate soft, skilled and lazy players. More a fan of fast, angry and brutal guys like Holtet :laugh:

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
WHAT?!? Why is that? By the way, did'nt Espen Knutsen pull that stunt as well?

Zuke is sposored by unibet, while the national team is sponsored by norsk tipping. So the NIHF says that he has to cancel his agreement with unibet, if he wants to play for the national team.

:shakehead

So without our most skilled player, we need to bulk up the roster. Ylven, Martinsen, maybe Winkler, Kristiansen, Frøshaug and Dahlstrøm should be on the roster. Play hard along the boards, dump, chase, tackle hard etc. That should be the new tactic.

If u cant outplay the big seven, then u have to outgrind em :laugh:

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
I doubt he will be in the NHL period next year, and I don't care how much he benches, he's terrible

Hahahaha look at some of the so called Ds in the NHL. Hunwick, Liles, Shattenkirk etc are just a bunch of soft *******

I would rather have Tollefsen, O Byrne, Lauridsen etc on my team, than so called good offensive Ds that get pushed around all the time. Ds should be big and nasty. Tollefsen is big and nasty. A perfect D in my opinion

TheNextDaigle

Mar 1, 2013
Hahahaha look at some of the so called Ds in the NHL. Hunwick, Liles, Shattenkirk etc are just a bunch of soft *******

I would rather have Tollefsen, O Byrne, Lauridsen etc on my team, than so called good offensive Ds that get pushed around all the time. Ds should be big and nasty. Tollefsen is big and nasty. A perfect D in my opinion

I have nothing against Tollefsen, but did you just compare him to Shattenkirk? :help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad