GDT: May 6 • Finland 3, France 1

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
I may end up having to eat my words, but Kontiola has shown great leadership and an ability to take the team on his shoulders in situations where so many have failed before him.

I have a feeling he'll come up big for Finland against Russia and USA.

Ok, he isn't as complete a player as Mikko, no where near the same two-way ability, so it might have been a bit of hyperbole on my part comparing the two.

I think this is something we may be able to discuss like 5 years from now, probably not even then. This is one tournament, and a rather weak one at that and they haven't even played three full games yet. Niko Kapanen played a big tournament for Finland back in 2009 (but we were still eliminated in the QF) and I'd even put him above Kontiola because of his long term success.

Finnsane

Oct 21, 2012
Meh, bad game from Finland. At least got the three points, I'm sure we will look better against better teams.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Am I the only one who thinks Jalonen doesn't care as much as he used to? It's truly time for him to hand over the reigns to someone else.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
This was pretty horrible to watch actually.. 3 points was the goal, now this game can be forgotten. Without a bit of disrespect for France thought.

FinRuutu

Red Wins
Feb 7, 2010
Helsinki
1288563226931.jpg

tikkanen5rings*

Kontiola is so far the only blink of light in our team, not including goaltending ofcourse.
I have no memory, why he didn't get a fair shake in the NHL, but judging by his stats, he should've had.

tikkanen5rings*

I think it's fair to say he is demented. How cheesy and stupid can you be, before the crowd notices?
I wonder who was the genious that started to dress him like Cherry but that man deserves an execution.. by a shovel.... a rusty shovel.

smi

Jun 14, 2011
I think it's fair to say he is demented. How cheesy and stupid can you be, before the crowd notices?
I wonder who was the genious that started to dress him like Cherry but that man deserves an execution.. by a shovel.... a rusty shovel.

IMO the man deserves a statue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad