GDT: May 4 • United States 5, Austria 3

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Did he look out of place?

Not sure what generated his comment but it came literally right after EJ made an awful turnover behind his own net that led to Austria's best chance in the third. Possible he mixed them up?

I thought he was fine, especially
when you consider it was his first game in over a month. His ice time may decrease against the tougher teams because of his age but not because of anything I saw today.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
EJ the goal scorer. I bet Avs fans are wondering where this was this season.

Well.....we don't understand why Sacco didn't play Johnson on the left side during the PP for the whole season?! And then he plays him on the left side and gets two goals.

Sacco is a mind messer.

I was a bit disappointed in Austria to be honest, I thought they would've looked much better against USA's D- team.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Not sure what generated his comment but it came literally right after EJ made an awful turnover behind his own net that led to Austria's best chance in the third. Possible he mixed them up?

I thought he was fine, especially
when you consider it was his first game in over a month. His ice time may decrease against the tougher teams because of his age but not because of anything I saw today.
It was based on the game overall at that point. A minute or two before EJ's turnover, Trouba had another moment where he put the team in a vulnerable by being out of position, but he lucked out that Austria was a mess when it happened so it wasn't highlighted in any way. Maybe it's because it was his first game, but a better team than Austria will capitalize on mistakes like that and they'll be far more apparent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad