GDT: May 4 • United States 5, Austria 3

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
The Avs never played Austria. :P

Good point. The Avs were Austria. :laugh:

To be serious, though, he got breaks on both as his first goal was a soft one and the second was an unintentional flutterer. They all count though so hopefully it gives him confidence to have a great tournament.

Last edited:

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
haven't wathed the first two periods, is bishop still in the net? only saw highlights and he looked bad

Yes he is but I wouldn't say he's been bad. He's been uneven and the 2nd goal was all on him but his breakaway save against Vanek started a big momentum swing in the second period.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Good first game for Team USA. Tough start and they faced some adversity but came out with the win. All three goals against were the direct result of US mistakes which is a lot easier to correct than just being outplayed. I liked the signs of chemistry shown by the Stastny, LeBlanc, and Bjugstad lines.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I feel really bad for EJ, even on team USA he can't escape from the Hunny monster and Sacco's stupidity.

As for Paulie, his great play is no surprise, he always plays great for team USA.

CDeeps

Apr 15, 2005
Not a bad first game after a slow start. I thought the Moss-Stastny-Smith line looked dangerous with always a presence in front of the net. LeBlanc held his own on the second line and even the 4th line of Palushaj-Bjugstad-Kristo found ways to contribute.

Some of the goals were lucky, but goals are goals and a win is a win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad