Player Discussion Maxime Comtois (UFA)

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I would try to sign him to a two way contract and keep his salary high in the AHL.

At best he proves he can play in the NHL and rejuvenates his career. At worst he plays a top six role for Laval and it helps the kids to play with a NHL vet.

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
MTL needs to lessen forwards not add a guy like him
If he iis cleared, the logjam at forward is not really an issue this year. At the NHL level, the competition for a spot is with RHP who is the only waiver exempt forward, if he doesn't beat him out, he goes to Laval and pushes someone down to 3R where they will get more playing time till injuries hit. A young,cheap reclamation project is something we shouldn't be turning down given where we are in the rebuild. I view him like an NCAA free agent signing ,with a higher pedigree, but a free wallet nonetheless.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Hypothetical here, if Hoffman’s contract magically vanished today, would anyone be willing to take a flyer on Comtois? Seems like a similar reclamation project like Dach and Newhook. Unless there’s something I’m missing, I’m surprised no one’s picked him up yet. Perhaps he’s been confirmed to be one of the players involved in the 2018 world junior controversy?

If Hoff’s contract magically went away, there’s like a 2-3 players in our own system we could use instead.

Reactions: Runner77 and Tyson

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Hypothetical here, if Hoffman’s contract magically vanished today, would anyone be willing to take a flyer on Comtois? Seems like a similar reclamation project like Dach and Newhook. Unless there’s something I’m missing, I’m surprised no one’s picked him up yet. Perhaps he’s been confirmed to be one of the players involved in the 2018 world junior controversy?
No, and we all know why at this point.
Kind of a stay tuned as to what the league does with him and others....

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
No, and we all know why at this point.
Kind of a stay tuned as to what the league does with him and others....
Of course it will have to wait until the 200 lawyers finaly approve the result of the 2018 investigation.
If he wasn't involved and if he can fight he might be worth adding.

Reactions: BLONG7

Jul 6, 2016
Of course it will have to wait until the 200 lawyers finaly approve the result of the 2018 investigation.
If he wasn't involved and if he can fight he might be worth adding.
If he could play like William Carrier, it would already be a good signing.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
They should announce what they are doing about 2018 before training camp. And if there are players whose names are connected to this who turn out to be not involved they should be able to sue if they drag this out.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
As far as the hockey player is concerned, he could be a decent add if he knows what he is at the NHL level and how he should play. Something he wasn't always doing with the Ducks.

Of course, this is not exactly why he's still UFA at his juncture.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad