Player Discussion Max Talbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
We can't afford rookie mistakes, it's not the time to grow, it's a playoff push. Talbot can pk, he can perform a checking role, and he hits and brings alot of intangibles. Better than Hayes or Griffith. We can't afford mistakes.

So who is responsible for the previous 2 game mistakes? Whereby the bruins have let in 8 goals and scored 5 during the most important time of year? Talbutt has proven nothing all year as has this coach who promised change to start the year. Bye Bye Claude. Had your chance. Role out the system elsewhere.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
all true....not to mention he's injured.

The Bruins practiced Wednesday at Ristuccia Memorial Arena, but three players were absent: defenseman Dennis Seidenberg, who has missed the past three games with an injury, wing Tyler Randell, and wing Jimmy Hayes.

Coach Claude Julien indicated Randell had an injury, but did not get specific.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...see-tonight/ZBTyq5XzUFAQiIvMIRSd2J/story.html

Randell has sores and splinters on his buttocks from sitting on the pine for so long.
Prev poster beat me to it.

Brewins

Apr 23, 2015
So who is responsible for the previous 2 game mistakes? Whereby the bruins have let in 8 goals and scored 5 during the most important time of year? Talbutt has proven nothing all year as has this coach who promised change to start the year. Bye Bye Claude. Had your chance. Role out the system elsewhere.

Morrow was responsible for a few against the blackhawks, trotman as well, the young and inexperienced. The vets were responsible for a few as well. Not scoring isnt necessarily a mistake such as our goal last game came off of a bad Hanafin change(a mistake), doesnt mean we made mistakes necessarily. Its a combination of both good plays by an opponent and bad plays by us.

We climbed back hard against the caps, and fought really hard against the canes, Ward was a wall.

Claude proved nothing? We were supposed to be a basement team, loosing talent like looch, hamilton and smith. Yet we are in a similar position standing wise and better prepared for the future. He has coached a lineup with a revolving bottom 6, a half full top 4 and alot more youth into a team that has more youth, talent and depth than we had seen in the past. I think Claude has regressed to some old defense first tendency, but the fact that his teams are consistently top 5 in offense and defensive measures and this years pp was #1 for almost half a season shows his long term ability to coach a team and ability to adapt. No line has had a consistent season, 63-37-14 was a longest serving line if i remember right.

The "talbutt" and baseless dismissal of a "system" is frustrating. Its not productive. Want to know who is responsible for them letting in 8 and only scoring 5? The entire team, someone could have done something to change every moment, but they didn't.

It sucks looking at the very real possibility of being out of the playoffs. But who do you replace Claude with? Who do you want to be called up to fill a bottom six role kill penalties, agitate, know the nhl at an experienced level, have leadership qualities and plays every forward position?

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
I've seen this movie before.
Talbot comes in, chips in an important goal.
Bruins squeak into playoffs as indirect result.
Bruins get trounced in 1st round.
Lather, rinse, repeat.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Morrow was responsible for a few against the blackhawks, trotman as well, the young and inexperienced. The vets were responsible for a few as well. Not scoring isnt necessarily a mistake such as our goal last game came off of a bad Hanafin change(a mistake), doesnt mean we made mistakes necessarily. Its a combination of both good plays by an opponent and bad plays by us.

We climbed back hard against the caps, and fought really hard against the canes, Ward was a wall.

Claude proved nothing? We were supposed to be a basement team, loosing talent like looch, hamilton and smith. Yet we are in a similar position standing wise and better prepared for the future. He has coached a lineup with a revolving bottom 6, a half full top 4 and alot more youth into a team that has more youth, talent and depth than we had seen in the past. I think Claude has regressed to some old defense first tendency, but the fact that his teams are consistently top 5 in offense and defensive measures and this years pp was #1 for almost half a season shows his long term ability to coach a team and ability to adapt. No line has had a consistent season, 63-37-14 was a longest serving line if i remember right

The "talbutt" and baseless dismissal of a "system" is frustrating. Its not productive. Want to know who is responsible for them letting in 8 and only scoring 5? The entire team, someone could have done something to change every moment, but they didn't.

It sucks looking at the very real possibility of being out of the playoffs. But who do you replace Claude with? Who do you want to be called up to fill a bottom six role kill penalties, agitate, know the nhl at an experienced level, have leadership qualities and plays every forward position?

Good post and arguments but I see things differently. This team is in chaos because it has not adapted and continues to rely on an old defensive scheme that doesn't work and prevents skilled players to be effective. Seguin is a perfect example of that.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Talbot assigned to Providence, back next year?

I hate to say it but I could see him signed to a two-way deal at decent AHL money and be the veteran voice down in Providence with the ability to fill in on the big club and not hurt you.

Not what I would do but it wouldn't shock me at all.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Per Tva sports Talbot will play in khl with lokomotiv 1 year deal.

That should put some of you a ease. :laugh:

catsmasher

Mar 8, 2012
Both Sweeney and clode are devastated by this news. Now they are scrambling to extend kelly for 4 years at 4/yr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad