Confirmed with Link: Max Pacioretty and Dylan Coghlan to Carolina for Future Considerations (AKA. Cap Dump)

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
4531x4a09ba711.jpg

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
If he had some existing condition and they took that on as a possible risk, that wouldn't be shocking. I'd still assume the most likely explanation is just that he tore it recently as anyone might, but teams take injury risks on players all the time. Granted, I find chasing conspiracy theories fairly exhausting.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
If Vegas knew about the pending doom in Max's heel, guarantee it would've been leaked much sooner. No reason not to let it get out that he had achilles tendonitis (if he did) and use that as justification for the trade to appease their fanbase's concerns about the value.
I’ve never gotten the feeling Vegas thinks it needs to explain what they do to anyone, least of all the fans.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
You’ve come up with the sequel to Prey
God damn I got this game a few years ago as a Christmas gift and put it aside for two years. Pop in the game, I'm like, this is a weird tutorial, and my mind was absolutely blown. Then, in playing the game, my mind was blown again. And in the ending, my mind was blown a third time. The gameplay is fun enough on its own, the exploration is great, but man this plot was one of the more fascinating video game plots I've ever played.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
God damn I got this game a few years ago as a Christmas gift and put it aside for two years. Pop in the game, I'm like, this is a weird tutorial, and my mind was absolutely blown. Then, in playing the game, my mind was blown again. And in the ending, my mind was blown a third time. The gameplay is fun enough on its own, the exploration is great, but man this plot was one of the more fascinating video game plots I've ever played.

what ruined video games for me as an adult was the realization that my actions made no relevant difference in the outcome of anything. it's all just a series of code and the enemies could theoretically be perfect if the game so decided, but it allows you to be competitive while walking you down a pretty limited corridor of options to advance the plot. no matter if there are fifty choices or two, there's a funnel to direct you to the outcome. even in open world type games, every interaction was intended to be found. you've discovered nothing unique, especially since the day after the game comes out someone cracks the code and finds essentially every possible coded detail of the game. especially when games are plot based, it just feels like earning access to the next chapter of an interactive book with the added tedium of needing to unlock the next chapter with logic puzzles no more or less insightful than a captcha and scaled to the difficulty of your choosing. it's like reading but with more steps. I was actually somewhat sad when I put that all together because I knew it meant I would never enjoy a story driven video game ever again. PvP became the only true variable outcome, and even then to some degree only a reflection of time investment and animation memorization and engine exploitation.

apologies for the depressing aside you all wanted. hockey things

Reactions: geehaad

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
what ruined video games for me as an adult was the realization that my actions made no relevant difference in the outcome of anything. it's all just a series of code and the enemies could theoretically be perfect if the game so decided, but it allows you to be competitive while walking you down a pretty limited corridor of options to advance the plot. no matter if there are fifty choices or two, there's a funnel to direct you to the outcome. even in open world type games, every interaction was intended to be found. you've discovered nothing unique, especially since the day after the game comes out someone cracks the code and finds essentially every possible coded detail of the game. especially when games are plot based, it just feels like earning access to the next chapter of an interactive book with the added tedium of needing to unlock the next chapter with logic puzzles no more or less insightful than a captcha and scaled to the difficulty of your choosing. it's like reading but with more steps. I was actually somewhat sad when I put that all together because I knew it meant I would never enjoy a story driven video game ever again. PvP became the only true variable outcome, and even then to some degree only a reflection of time investment and animation memorization and engine exploitation.

apologies for the depressing aside you all wanted. hockey things

I guess I never experienced that when I played Pong.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
I guess I never experienced that when I played Pong.

sure ya did. you had to learn the physics of what made the ball move faster and where the weakness in the AI existed in order for you to maximize your chances of beating the program. plus the idea that the system could have optimized itself to the extent that it was literally unbeatable was always there. so the fulfillment of victory is only as gratifying as the knowledge that you only beat the system running at 30% of its optimization or something.

Reactions: geehaad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad