Confirmed with Link: Max Pacioretty and Dylan Coghlan to Carolina for Future Considerations (AKA. Cap Dump)

StorminSnvechnAho

There is a storm coming prepare for the Surge
Feb 15, 2021
NC
It also had Nino to Nashville 24 hours before everyone else.

It’s quite obvious that it’s got a connection to the FO in some capacity and not just a random account who “got lucky”.
Just gonna say I saw it on hockey buzz the day before and I doubt they got it from an account with 220 followers..... So many people are reliant on social media for news they don't dig. I could be dead wrong of course and in that case I'll eat my crow.

So this source claims he knows Abby Labar and then made an Ian Cole/Abby Labar joke a week later? The hell?

It’s Tripp isn’t it?
Or Abbys ex 🤣 of course it could be Tripp drunk (hope not) and using dark humor.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
It’s implied in that calculation. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I interpreted your post to suggest that they could acquire a $4.4 mil player and then activate Pacioretty on top of that. His $7 mil counts all season long. When it comes time to activate him, they’ll need the daily equivalent of $7 mil on that day. They won’t have that if they acquire said player. LTIR is only a temporary benefit unless activation occurs during the playoffs (the Kane/Kucherov).
to activate we would need the equivalent of a 7 million player daily usage available the rest of the year. Again assuming only his cap hit is accounted when activated i.e the 2.6 million. That wouldn't be accrual as accrual would mean we would have 7 million at the day he was activated.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
He called Burns to Carolina done before anyone else, and got it exactly right, down to the retention.

And that seems a joke referencing Kane once beat up a cab driver over 20 cents.

Otoh, while he said Carolina was in, then out on Tkachuk, he also implied Tkachuk was going to St. Louis. And while he got Necas right, others had already called the signing and terms.

Then he should have the balls to leave it up instead of deleting it like a puss. What a weirdo.

Reactions: Svechhammer

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
If it makes you happy, have at it. Personally, I prefer the team to be successful over winning an internet argument, but you do you.

over the years you’ve overreacted to tons of stuff. I guess your approach makes sense. Overreact to everything and eventually you’ll be right and can dunk.

Funny, but I understand the approach.
I am so glad not to know what you're talking about directly.

The same account tweeted this recently? Lol This "source" isn't very credible.... The timing of the previous "inside info" tweets was after the moves were rumored.

Yeah, this source is 1000% credible.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
If so, does he have the ok to be the inside voice, and is there a rationale to allowing it? He and Dundo seem to be pretty tight, right?
I get the sense he might be ok with it. Probably would have been shut down after the Nino news if he wasn't. Don't think he had much of an issue with some of the stuff that @saraciv420 was getting out there ahead of time a couple years back like the Priskie signing, the rumors around us signing Fast, and that the talks with Aho were basically about the term, not the AAV

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
Son of a…
C4648F31-94F0-4892-89D0-16ACD9FD22B4.jpeg

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
to activate we would need the equivalent of a 7 million player daily usage available the rest of the year. Again assuming only his cap hit is accounted when activated i.e the 2.6 million. That wouldn't be accrual as accrual would mean we would have 7 million at the day he was activated.
That's something akin to double accrual. To the assumption you're referencing, he counts against the cap while on LTIR. They can replace it on any given day that he's on it and be compliant. On activation day, however, the daily equivalent of the rest of a healthy roster + daily equivalent of $4.4 mil (Pacioretty's replacement) + daily equivalent of $7 mil (Pacioretty) > daily equivalent of the cap. Those numbers are constant throughout the year. Nothing will be banked to offset them.

I'll just leave at that. You want to look at things through the lens of pro-ration. I don't think I can articulate the point I'm making in those terms.

Reactions: DaveG and cptjeff

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
200w.webp

This source is a head scratcher. They've been right enough times that they're either in the organization or talking to somebody who is, but I can't imagine the team is ok with it. I wouldn't want someone leaking bad news because it probably hurts my bargaining position, but then again, I'm not exactly sure how long they could have kept it quiet while searching for a replacement.

Reactions: DaveG

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
So basically now we're f***ed?

Fantastic.

At least the season didn't start yet. The problem for me isn't what we gave up. It's that we now have a 7 mil dollar hole we can't do anything about for 6 months when we already had glaring holes in the top six.

Last edited:
Reactions: Negan4Coach

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
It's probably just my STM rep, high on wombat shit and wandering the deserted halls of PNC with his iPhone, irritated his commissions have been cut for the 3rd year in a row.
They stopped calling me when I moved to se VA.

Even though I'm only 30 minutes further from the pnc /rbc.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Someone said on the main board thread (yeah….I know) that he had Achilles tendinitis late last season and was a real risk to need the surgery which is why it was future considerations based on games played. If That’s remotely true I’d be more upset about the off season than I was, and to be honest I was a bit annoyed. Replacing Trocheck and Nino with a known injury in Patches (as a rental) and Kase is……woof. The window is what it is, money pucking year to year through it and taking risks like that would not be my first call. Hopefully there’s no truth to it.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
They stopped calling me when I moved to se VA.

Even though I'm only 30 minutes further from the pnc /rbc.
Mine just wrote me a hand written card thanking me for being an STM. Plus he answers all my dumb questions about how to work the infuriating app immediately. I think I'm going to hire that kid to be my inside sales rep.

Reactions: Borsig and DaveG

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Someone said on the main board thread (yeah….I know) that he had Achilles tendinitis late last season and was a real risk to need the surgery which is why it was future considerations based on games played. If That’s remotely true I’d be more upset about the off season than I was, and to be honest I was a bit annoyed. Replacing Trocheck and Nino with a known injury in Patches (as a rental) and Kase is……woof. The window is what it is, money pucking year to year through it and taking risks like that would not be my first call. Hopefully there’s no truth to it.
Yeah, I saw that and asked for a source on it. Seems odd taking on $7m for someone who may not play.

Also, don’t need to use future considerations for games played, you can make that a condition of the trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad