Prospect Info: Max Guenette RD 3 year elc signed

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
He's a pretty under-the-radar prospect in the Sens system. His career in the Q was a bit of a letdown relative to the hype he had coming into that league, but he's a pretty good defensive defenseman down there with a hint of offense. We'll see how he looks in Belleville.

Reactions: DJB and Emrasie

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He's a pretty under-the-radar prospect in the Sens system. His career in the Q was a bit of a letdown relative to the hype he had coming into that league, but he's a pretty good defensive defenseman down there with a hint of offense. We'll see how he looks in Belleville.
Started off the year on fire.. Jordan Spence was traded there in January so Max likely took a backseat to him re ice time and roles .. both are RDs.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa

He was our last pick (7th round) in 2019, I would say it is pretty ordinary for him to be flying under the radar at this point in time.

Reactions: Sens With Benefits

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Guennete seems to have some decent tools, he has good size, skates well, is good defensively & has some offence to his game, there's lots to like there. Should be interesting how he does in Belleville.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

It's true that he was a disappointment in his first 2 Q seasons as he was drafted 5th OA in the 2017 Q draft but to our benefit in the end because we were able to get him with a 7th. It's exactly the type of prospects you need to take a swing on with late picks. Guys that "should" have developped more. But now he took 2 good steps in the right direction since being drafted in 2019. He's turning 20 soon and will start his pro career. Curious to see how he looks in the AHL.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Don’t sleep on this guy. I see a player who has some very nice tools. I like his chances of being in the right side mix in a couple years.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
JBD has been dealing with skate bite all camp so I think it's hard to evaluate him.
Guenette is an intriguing prospect for a 7th rounder though.

Yeah, this includes what I saw from JBD last year as well. I don't know, I don't see anything special with JBD. Maybe that's what he is. A meat and potatoes guy that doesn't really stand out.

Reactions: Cosmix

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Yeah, this includes what I saw from JBD last year as well. I don't know, I don't see anything special with JBD. Maybe that's what he is. A meat and potatoes guy that doesn't really stand out.

I think thats what he is .. if he can develop into a Zub like D man .. He needs to add a little more power. He thinks the game well.

Reactions: Cosmix

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

JBD is good at everything but not elite or even high end at anything. He's going to be a safe reliable guy all his career. These guys are not flashy and don't command a ton of money, but they are also needed. 32 teams need 4 top-4 D-men and I don't think there's enough overall quality at the moment to reach that plateau (128 Top-4 D-men)

JBD just needs experience and to continue to grow his strength. He just turned 21 y/o, which is pretty young for a D-man that isn't "elite/high end". A season in the AHL will be perfect for his development

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
You mean the Jacob Bernard-Docker who was the NCHC's defensive defenseman of the year, was named assistant captain by the players & won a gold medal with Canada's 2020 WJC team?

AJHL | League News Archives
Jacob Bernard-Docker - Men's Hockey - University of North Dakota Athletics (fightinghawks.com)

To be honest, I am not very high on Bernard-Docker either, but I do hope he proves me wrong.

I am just not sure his game will translate well to the NHL, and it might leave some of you disappointed overall.

Reactions: Crosside

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
To be honest, I am not very high on Bernard-Docker either, but I do hope he proves me wrong.

I am just not sure his game will translate well to the NHL, and it might leave some of you disappointed overall.
You should consider starting your own scouting report site.. Could call it Scouting Reports from De Masta something like that.
The one you provided on Brannstrom and the one now on JBD are painting a picture though.

Reactions: aragorn

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

JBD will be an excellent NHL defenceman that coaches love but fans don’t get why. He will never be flashy or throw the huge hits but he will be positionally excellent, have great stick and make the smart play.

Reactions: aragorn

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Now back to Maxence, excellent tools if he can put it together we will have a steal.

Reactions: Icelevel

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
You should consider starting your own scouting report site.. Could call it Scouting Reports from De Masta something like that.
The one you provided on Brannstrom and the one now on JBD are painting a picture though.

Are you labeling Brannstrom a bust at 21?

He is elite, you will see in due time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad