Player Discussion Max Domi - Overdue Hot Streak

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I don't know. Have you read what Danault said in one of Lavoie's tweet. Our center position might go from Zuk, KK, Danault to Zuk, Domi, KK,

I don't think keeping Domi makes this any better.. we need someone to take defensive match-ups from the kids. Domi can't do that.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I don't know. Have you read what Danault said in one of Lavoie's tweet. Our center position might go from Zuk, KK, Danault to Zuk, Domi, KK,

I'm betting that the centerline will go from Suzuki/Kotkaniemi/Danault to Suzuki/Kotkaniemi/Evans. Although I don't think Danault will be traded this off-season. he may be traded during the season (whenever that is). I still think Domi is going to be moved.

But I expect Evans will be given the Danault spot if Danault is moved.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I would rather avoid doing that as much as possible so they can continue to grow offensively.
Then you'll be playing 6-6.5 million to your 3rd line center. Because that's what Danault really means when he complains about seeing his role changing on the team. And I think MB will pay it. Danault is a local boy. Speaks both languages. THe PR department will tell him to pay

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Reactions: Ben Chariot

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Ouch.

What is the world coming to? Now Danault is saying he may want out of Montreal if can't play with players like Tatar and Gallagher??

face palm. Domi is actually no slouch at C. Be careful what you wish for Phil.

If he actually expects to keep playing 1st line minutes, well yeah lol. Trade him somewhere else.
Pretty disappointed with that kind of comments from him. But hey. This kind of situation says a lot about the players we have in place and their character. If really he doesn't see how guys like Suzuki and Kotkaniemi are the future at C for this team, I think we're far better off trading him away as I think we'd be able to get a pretty good return.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Then you'll be playing 6-6.5 million to your 3rd line center. Because that's what Danault really means when he complains about seeing his role changing on the team. And I think MB will pay it. Danault is a local boy. Speaks both languages. THe PR department will tell him to pay

You shouldn't. If you pay that much for a 3rd line center, you are going to cap yourself out and have too many holes. Danault will want too much for the role he needs to play and they can find a defensively conscious 3rd line center out there with passable upside for 2 million less than this guy will want.

Reactions: Runner77

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Ouch.

What is the world coming to? Now Danault is saying he may want out of Montreal if can't play with players like Tatar and Gallagher??

Bye bye Danault, couldnt care less. He's produced like 50pts...if he thinks that warrants him the top center spot then he can leave.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Ouch.

Domi is a slouch at center. Poor on draws. Very weak in his own zone if given responsibility. Will impact his offense if asked to play a three zone game.
I'd much rather put him on the wing and let him get pucks in corners and free wheel offensively. These days a winger is not locked into one part of the ice anyway.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Domi is a slouch at center. Poor on draws. Very weak in his own zone if given responsibility. Will impact his offense if asked to play a three zone game.
I'd much rather put him on the wing and let him get pucks in corners and free wheel offensively. These days a winger is not locked into one part of the ice anyway.

was this your assessment of him at center two years ago when he had 72 points?

ForeverHabs97

May 11, 2013
Canada
Would've been great if he was willing to commit playing on the wing. I think he can be a solid playmaker.
I'm tired of more of the same in our forward corps, we need a gamebreaker.
Not 15 of the same players.

Time to move on

Reactions: Runner77

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
was this your assessment of him at center two years ago when he had 72 points?
When you get 72 points it mitigates his weakness's at the position. If he's a 50-60 point guy like I suspect then wing is much better. Center is very important , if you cant produce big numbers you better be good at draws and in your zone.

Reactions: Archijerej

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
What did he say?
Wasn't happy with the role he was eventually given in the playoffs. Then he was asked if that continued would it affect his signing with the Habs. He replied yes. So in other words if they don't pay him at least as a #2 he'll walk. He doesn't see himself as a #3.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Posted an article from The Athletic, they expect Danault will get $4.75M on a long term deal taking him to 35 - term vs $ and heavily backloaded due to escrow impacts brought about by the pandemic effect on teams’ revenue streams

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This is what Bergevin tenure is all about. A wash. Improving somewhere, downgrading somewhere else. Yes, skills first. But there is no WAY because of how tough it is to play in this league now, that you would win anything.

Might not always be like this...but to this day, out of the teams that are still playing, 3 out of the first 4 are the tallest teams in average. 4 out of the first 10. Colorado, Isles, TBay and Boston aren't in that list. But what do they have in common, at least 3 of them? Tremendous amount of pure talent. As for the Isles, they might not be amongst the tallest, but they are 1st in weight. Dallas is 2nd. TBay 7th, Vegas 9th.

Haven’t you heard? « Size can always be added later. » Also, it appears that if you’re vying for size it can’t come with skill.

Brought to you by HF, fine manufacturers of tropes and other sundry hot takes. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Whitesnake

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Well it's further proof it's time for a big shake-up before they're all up for renewal.

Danault not happy. Domi not happy. Tatar and Gally not producing. And they're all up for a new contract soon

Something's gotta happen.

Who wants midgets? Step right up, step right up, don’t be shy! Two for the price of one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad